Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International - what are 'Boost' customers doing when they roam overseas?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hello Everyone

I am considering boost because it seems excellent value, unlimited calls and txt + heaps of data....and on a network that works in my street, I am suffering with vodafone at the moment where I live .... and I need a phone to work at home (dont we all?)... but as I roam overseas nearly every week (oh yes I'm airline crew) what is a good work around?

G250

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Founder

Re: International - what are 'Boost' customers doing when they roam overseas?

Roaming value is poor on any network. The best way for me, was to turn Messagebank and data off, and let it do the free Message2Txt service (converts the voice message to an SMS, which is free to receive while roaming). Then I just called people back using my Skype credit on WiFi wherever I found it (Maccas, hotels, cafes, etc). If desperate to reply and without WiFi handy, I simply add some credit by dialling #111#. Works instantly.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

4 REPLIES 4
Community Founder

Use Boost Mobile in Australia and purchase a local SIM for each country you visit. Always find this is the best value Smiley Happy
Regards,

Lewis
Community Founder

Roaming value is poor on any network. The best way for me, was to turn Messagebank and data off, and let it do the free Message2Txt service (converts the voice message to an SMS, which is free to receive while roaming). Then I just called people back using my Skype credit on WiFi wherever I found it (Maccas, hotels, cafes, etc). If desperate to reply and without WiFi handy, I simply add some credit by dialling #111#. Works instantly.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Community Founder

Boost will work great while in Australia, it just won't do anything that costs money abroad. Which is good for you.

Customer Service is 24x7 live chat, and you can recharge on the website. Or just wait until you get back, no biggie.

Personally, depending on which sectors you're flying, I'd just go with Boost + foreign provider. Your family/friends would be used to contacting you via email/social media by now, I'm guessing?

Rookie (LVL:3)

Great idea! I am going to try that - thanks!