Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do you wait for activation? Or support for that matter?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Activated online Tuesday. Received acknowledgement text message advising switch in progress should activate within 24 business hours at 1.17pm.

I note the web site says contact are available 9am-9pm 7 days a week, so 2 days is 24 business hours.

Then received an email Wednesday 11.51pm saying should be activated within 4 hours but may take 24 business hours. WHY DO THEY THINK THEY CAN RESTART THE CLOCK AFTER 35 EXPIRED HOURS?

Now 3.35pm Friday, still 'connected' to old network, but have run out of credit so can't use it.

Thried the automated 'Chat' line, it didn't answer the query and flicked me to a web address. No use whatsoever.

I should not have changed supplier for a $50 annual save, my time wasted has already costed that and more.

Have been holding on to 'Contact Boost' number now for over an hour. Does anyone work there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How long do you wait for activation? Or support for that matter?

This problem now solved, but if I had received feedback, I would have known a problem existed and could have started solving it.

Cause of delay

Previous supplier (Connect Mobile) was purchased for my wife by me (husband). I bought the SIM online using my credit card and in my name.  With Boost, because order system different, I purchased SIM online in my wife's name. I requested my wife's existing number be ported.

When I activated, Boost requested number be ported BUT requesting name was my wife's and existing name mine. Acomputer automatically genereated an error message back to Boost.

Next Action

Unfortunately, there was no action from Boost, no communication to me or my wife. Hence, no activation.

Eventual Solution

By phoning early (9.01am) on Sunday, managed to get through to 'technical support'. They identified the problem, and amended my online activation entry from my wife's name to my name, and restarted the porting process. Within 24 elapsed hours, phone was active. I then girded my loins once more and got on the phone queue to get the number's owner details put into my wife's name. About one and a half hours later, all done, by technical support again. My call initially went to sales but they couldn't help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

>> Have been holding on to 'Contact Boost' number now for over an hour. Does anyone work there?

I think they have hired one resource in the call center who takes calls, cleans the office and on his way to and back from office, goes to a farm, and milks cows. And yes, on weekend, he has designed the boost website.

Spectator

I met exact same thing. Submitted online on this Tuesday to tranfer my old phone number to Boost and now today Friday I still can't use my old number on Boost. Called twice but nothing help. First call was connected after 51 minutes wait, the lady asked some questions and undertood what I concern and let me wait couple minutes to check for me. And then I waited another near 20 minutes and suddenly the call was hung up. I didn't touch phone as it was leaved on table to play waiting music. Even I forgot I was waiting for a service but just a radio playing songs for me for over 1 hour in total. And second call, I waited 1hour 10minutes and finally a guy answered me and told me maybe Boost system has some problem and let me to activate it on Telstra website again and then to do the transfer on Boost website. But now the problem is I can't activate the Boost sim again because I already requested to activate it before and I can't recharge it as it's not active. Now the Boost sim is a rubbish. And the service is a problem too. And my old phone number still stay with the current provider.

Highlighted

Having the same problem. Time to contact consumer affairs and communication ombudsman. These people are quick to take your money for nothing.

Highlighted

This problem now solved, but if I had received feedback, I would have known a problem existed and could have started solving it.

Cause of delay

Previous supplier (Connect Mobile) was purchased for my wife by me (husband). I bought the SIM online using my credit card and in my name.  With Boost, because order system different, I purchased SIM online in my wife's name. I requested my wife's existing number be ported.

When I activated, Boost requested number be ported BUT requesting name was my wife's and existing name mine. Acomputer automatically genereated an error message back to Boost.

Next Action

Unfortunately, there was no action from Boost, no communication to me or my wife. Hence, no activation.

Eventual Solution

By phoning early (9.01am) on Sunday, managed to get through to 'technical support'. They identified the problem, and amended my online activation entry from my wife's name to my name, and restarted the porting process. Within 24 elapsed hours, phone was active. I then girded my loins once more and got on the phone queue to get the number's owner details put into my wife's name. About one and a half hours later, all done, by technical support again. My call initially went to sales but they couldn't help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Good idea this is absolute garbage. I bought a SIM a week ago, activated it Saturday night on 27/6/2020 and got the message that it'll be activated within 24 hours, but a business day. It should have been done yesterday, now I have wasted my time reading forums and I have been on hold for 31 minutes so far, the 24x7 chat feature doesn't work. This is an absolute scam. I'll be calling the telecommunications ombudsman myself