Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate my Boost Pre-Paid SIM card?

Community Manager

Activating your SIM is super easy, just follow the steps below. Before you start, you’ll need two things:

1. Your SIM serial number

As shown below, they’re on your SIM Starter Kit or the packaging your device came in.

1.png

1. One valid form of ID

It can be any of these:

• Australian driver’s licence or learner's permit
  • Medicare card
  • Australian passport
  • International passport with a valid Australian visa

To activate:

On your smartphone, tablet or PC, go to activate.boost.com.au and follow the prompts.

Good to know:

• You don’t need an internet connection or credit balance to access this page on your smartphone or tablet.

How do I keep my existing number?

To bring your number across from another provider, you’ll need some additional information.

If your existing number is on a plan, you will need your account number with your current provider. If your existing service is on Pre-Paid, you will need to make sure your date of birth and the spelling of your name is an exact match to the details held by your current provider. On your smartphone, tablet or PC, go to activate.boost.com.au Select ‘Bring my phone number’

How do I bring my Telstra number to Boost

If you are porting from Telstra to Boost Mobile, you will need a special blank Boost Mobile SIM. Please call 1800 100 933 (8am-9pm AEST, 7 days) and we will send one out to you.

If you’re in metro Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart or Brisbane, you’ll receive it the next day (if your order is placed before 4pm).

When your blank SIM arrives, contact Boost on 1800 100 933 (8am-9pm, 7 days) to activate it and they will do the rest for you!

Good to know:

• Your number will still be active with your current provider while you wait for it to transfer to Boost 
  • It should take between 4-24 hours to activate. If it takes longer there may be an issue with the port so please get in touch with our customer care team on 1800 100 933 and they will be able to sort out what the issue is.

How do I know when it’s switched?

Your service with your previous provider will stop working. We’ll also send you an SMS or email as soon as your number has been switched to Boost.

To start using your service:

1. Turn your phone off
  2. Insert your Boost Pre-Paid SIM
  3. Turn your phone back on
  4. Start using your new service

Good to know:

• Once your Boost Pre-Paid service is active, you may need to recharge.
  • Get more tips to manage your Pre-Paid service here