Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration trying to port over from Telstra

SOLVED
Frank67
Rookie (LVL:3)

so I read the website instructions specific on transferring over from Telstra and keeping your number. order a blank sim then contact boost to activate.

After I waited a few days for the sim to arrive then for a day I was free to spend time to set it up. I go on the boost website again to activate the sim. but apparently the sim I was sent doesnt have the right amount of numbers in the serial number and boost have been experiencing problems with thesse blank sims.

So, I was then told to go to a physical store and buy a $2 sim and use this to transfer over from telstra.  I did this, I got on the boost website once again and contacted boost to activate this new $2 sim and transfer my number from telstra but NO, not that easy apparently. now I have to move my Telstra account from post paid to prepaid for boost to be able to transfer my original phone number.

So I do this I spend a lot more of my time and  I move my Telstra account to the prepaid system which takes about 12 hours to verify but now I have no data credit so cant make calls or receive texts which is understandable. but boost web page activation wants to send me a code via text which I cant receive to verify my number.  Luckily I am home and have wifi access.

So I contact the boost web page help message system to talk with someone to figure out what to do and now they are experiencing difficulties because of a system upgrade and aren't able to get in contact while I sit here looking at the computer screen  with a phone that doesnt work.

I dont really want to pay to recharge my pre paid telstra account to just move to another network that kind of defeats the purpose of moving to save money in the first place not to mention all the hours I have wasted trying to do what I was told was a simply operation. Its been two days now.

So my question after all this is what do I do now? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frank67

Re: Frustration trying to port over from Telstra

So I have persisted and after being on the chat page waiting for over three hours for a reply,hoorah. 
I am happy to say that I was able to activate mine and my wife's SIM card and we are now on the boost network. 
it took less than an hour to activate the two phones once I was served. 
I understand the system upgrade has caused some technical difficulties but boost's technicians are slowly getting things done. 
thank you Kevin is all I can say. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
helman
Rookie (LVL:4)

I think we all should drop Boost and goto Mate.  I've never had trouble getting Mate support.  The only reason I want to move over is for WiFi calling.  The stress of trying to move over and the amount of time I have spent just sitting around waiting for tech support to either pick up the phone or respond over chat is taking my time away from doing important things.

Chloe777
Spectator

I've been trying to sort a port from Telsta for someone homeless. They have no other phone so I have to be with them when they do it so we have my phone to communicate on.

Other day called, said I have to get $2 sim, got $2sim, then they said technical issues they will have to call back, explained it must be booked at a specific time as I will not always be with this person. They confirmed they will call back 4.30pm.

No call back at all it's now 2 days later and I've been on chat since 12am this morning, it's now 3.30pm so 3 and half hours and still says "thanks for waiting, someone will be with you blah blah blah"... 

Why not just shut down the chat if they have no capacity? Rather than waste peoples day. I don't think anyone is actually going to come on. 

Frank67

So I have persisted and after being on the chat page waiting for over three hours for a reply,hoorah. 
I am happy to say that I was able to activate mine and my wife's SIM card and we are now on the boost network. 
it took less than an hour to activate the two phones once I was served. 
I understand the system upgrade has caused some technical difficulties but boost's technicians are slowly getting things done. 
thank you Kevin is all I can say. 

View solution in original post

OwenAU

I am getting conflicting info, you do have wifi calling with boost? Do you have to ask or it just works?