Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those whose porting have taken over 7 days, when did your porting finish?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

My number is currently still in the process of porting after 8 days. I just don't even know if anything is happening. I've called multiple times to telstra, and they haven't given me any useful information. I was wondering if they eventually port your number after 7 days of waiting, or is this process just a lost cause.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: For those whose porting have taken over 7 days, when did your porting finish?

Decided to contact the ombudsman as it was over 2 weeks and still no port. The ombudsman replied telling me they got into contact with boost and they have until 2 weeks to port my number. My number got ported the next day after that email. Probably a fluke since others who have contacted the ombudsman still haven't been ported. I was compensated 10GB, which was nothing, but I cbf bargaining for more. Overall took 20 days, worst experience I have ever had with a phone company to date. I wish all of you the best of luck as there are others who have waited more than me. But all of you should definitely contact the ombudsman, even if your port has been delayed by a day. Again, good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Amateur (LVL:1)

Re: For those whose porting have taken over 7 days, when did your porting finish?

I’m still waiting too. Been 4 days. Not happy, I don’t think it will work

Spectator

It has been over 5 days my number has not ported yet. Don't know why it's taking that long. Never had any issues before with porting.
Tags (2)

Update:

I've contacted live chat again and this time they have escalated the issue again with the Telstra porting team and said I'd receive a call from them within 24 hours (in boost terms over 10 days) about an update on the situation. They also gladly offered compensation once/if the number activates.

Update 2

Sim still not activated, Telstra never called me back, so I decided to call them, 1.5 hours on hold later, they escalate the issue further and tell me to wait 3-5 business days for an update. I get an SMS the next saying that my port has been delayed, what a shock, and to call them to follow up on the delay.

So I slog through the Telstra waiting music for over an hour again to talk to a rep. The rep this time tells me that my issue was escalated to the wrong team and has moved the ticket to another one. Apparently, there is a glitch currently in their porting system which is causing delays for mobile ports.

I was assured that my sim would be activated within the next 24-48 hours. So that's where I'm at. I guess for all of you who are still experiencing delays should just try to call the Telstra porting team at 1800 631 334 so they can escalate your case as well (even though it probably won't do anything). Just hope you can be on hold for over an hour. Good Luck

Decided to contact the ombudsman as it was over 2 weeks and still no port. The ombudsman replied telling me they got into contact with boost and they have until 2 weeks to port my number. My number got ported the next day after that email. Probably a fluke since others who have contacted the ombudsman still haven't been ported. I was compensated 10GB, which was nothing, but I cbf bargaining for more. Overall took 20 days, worst experience I have ever had with a phone company to date. I wish all of you the best of luck as there are others who have waited more than me. But all of you should definitely contact the ombudsman, even if your port has been delayed by a day. Again, good luck.

View solution in original post