Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme difficulty porting number from telstra business prepaid to boost mobile

Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi there everyone,

Currently am in the process of trying to  port my Telstra Business postpaid service over to Boost Mobile, while keeping the existing number. It's an absolute pain. Have ordered the Blank  sim from Boost and it's arrived. When calling the number provided, I was advised that it would be necessary to call Telstra or  visit a Telstra store, to request my account be moved to a prepaid service.

On visiting a Telstra store and calling Telstra, both times they have said that it should not be necessary in order to port the number over. They were very against actually changing the account type, and even once requested to conference call with Boost to ask why this was the case. But, upon trying to do so, the call was disconnected.

So, I'm asking here to see if anyone has any advice on the procedure that should be followed, in order for this to progress!

Thanks,

Lachlan

3 REPLIES
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Extreme difficulty porting number from telstra business prepaid to boost mobile

As all prepaid services are considered consumer services the details would not be able to be matched from a business account to port a number from any provider.

You would need to go to Telstra and arrange a business to consumer CHOWN to be created, get them to convert it to Telstra prepaid, once that is done then Boost would be able to take over the service.

If you fill in this form then take it to your Telstra store they should be able to process it on the spot (it is a standard order for them) then you should be able to call boost and get it actioned on their end. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/accounts-billing/change-of-ownershi...

---
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Extreme difficulty porting number from telstra business prepaid to boost mobile

Thanks for the info. It was a Telstra store employee who advised that it should not be necessary to change to prepaid, the same thing was said over the phone.

Clearly, Telstra must be wrong here. I suppose they can't get it wrong if there is 8 pages of paperwork in their faces.

Cheers.

Champion (LVL:1)

Unless their process has changed, under their own process they couldn't put it onto Prepaid on their own end without doing the CHOWN first... 

Although, most Telstra stores are licenced partners, not Telstra owned so sadly a lot of the licenced partners only really care about sales not about having staff able to actually provide service... at least that is my experience with a lot of them.

---