Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expiry before activation

Expiry before activation

DanielleAAF
Spectator

Expiry before activation

Hiya!

I'll be visiting some family in September and would like to purchase a prepaid card with 5GB data. Its on sale right now so it'd be great if I could get it now and only activate it when I land.

Does anyone know how far away the expiry date of each card is BEFORE activation? I was on the live chat and one person told me it was 6months but another told me a year. Has anyone purchased a sim recently and noticed the expiry date?

Would be great to get a response. Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
DrQ
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Expiry before activation

Normally they are usually 18 months from when they are packaged are produced from what I was told by a friend who works with these products. Which when I used to work in a retail store they were usually around 9-12 months when we got them so that would make sense. But it would also depend on how long it has been in the warehouse as to what will be on there for when you get it too. Hard to say exactly. Should be enough for sept though.

---
muzza020
Spectator

Re: Expiry before activation

Its happened to me twice now. Purchased new sim card get it home, try and actvate it only to be told its expired. Purchased one today expiry 17 june 2022. Wont activate online rang boost to be told its expired and take it back to retailer. I have boost on 3 other devices  might be time to give them the flick