Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged for sim

Double charged for sim

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Double charged for sim

Just posting this to warn people away from Boost. If you haven't signed up yet: DON'T!!!

I ordered the $150 one year pre paid sim in June. That was billed $150 to my credit card for the order. Once i finally received the sim two weeks later i activated it (that took another week). Credit card was charged another $150 on activation day. Still only have a one year sim with 80 GB but was charged $300 in total. Called Boost today and was told they will not refund. I guess only can go to ombudsman now? Moral of the story: DO NOT GO WITH BOOST! Not worth it.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Double charged for sim

@newboost wrote:

Credit card was charged another $150 on activation day.

I am trying to understand how that could happen.

My only thought would be if you chose to "recharge" during the activation process, which would not have been needed (the credit would be there when the activation completed without choosing anything).

Or maybe a auto-rechrge setup issue.

Seems very odd.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @newboost 

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your new Boost SIM. 

If possible, are you able to please send a private message to the Boost Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/boostaus

From there, the customer service team will be able to assist you further. 

Thank you.

Highlighted

Thanks for replying - I had issues with bringing my old number across so I called to clear up the number porting issue, and SIM activation was done by someone in the call centre during that call. I paid $150 when i ordered the SIM (not the $2 SIM) and I told the guy during the call. I'm only showing the original $150 when I check the account. Unlimited calls to July 2021. I called boost again yesterday and was told that I must have ordered a 2nd SIM (not true) and was told to 'dispute' the 2nd payment via my bank, so i have done that now. Just worried that the service will be cancelled in case it's the 2nd payment that is linked to my account and not the 1st payment. 

Highlighted

@ashliem wrote:

Hi @newboost 

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your new Boost SIM. 

If possible, are you able to please send a private message to the Boost Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/boostaus

From there, the customer service team will be able to assist you further. 

Thank you.

Thank you for replying - I had called again and was told to dispute the 2nd charge via my bank so I have done that already.