Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Support VOIP

Do You Support VOIP

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:3)

Do You Support VOIP

As a Telstra partner - Do You Support VOIP?

( such as Microsoft Paid Skype phone, Google VOIP phone and others VOIP phone providers).

We discover that Telstra Broadband services are blocking VOIP and Telstra do not provide full broadband support for all internet services, and do not support Microsoft Paid Skype, Google VOIP phone and other VOIP service providers. ( AKA telstra is limiting it's clients ).

Andy Freedman

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do You Support VOIP

Thank you for your replay,

We as well have been using Telstra mobile broadband services with Microsoft Paid Skype accounts and other VoIP phone accounts for over 5 years with no any problems.

But ( now currently on its 4G Mobile Broadband devices such as WI-FI 4GX Advanced 3 Netgear AirCard for example ) Telstra is limiting us the mobile broadband clients not to use Skype ( paid phone) and other VoIP service providers. Therefore, now we are very careful about dealing with Telstra and its partners because of this Telstra VoIP limitations on us, as a clients of Telstra services.

That is all, we just want know and to be be sure that with Boost will be no problems with this kind of Telstra limitation on the use of internet services.

We been advised from Telecommunication ombudsman to make enquiry for any future dealings with Telstra,

Andy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Champion (LVL:1)

This is a public forum so you will be unlikely to see an offical responce but....

I have used Skype Phone (as in paid skype calls) via multiple Telstra Broadband services on ADSL, Mobile Broadband and on NBN as well and never had any issues with it, in fact I have worked for organisations who have only Telstra services and use SkypeBus VoIP conference system for all their conferencing too and with no issues. (by I have used I mean I use Skype Calling to call my

In 10 years of constant use Telstra broadband services for work and at home, I can honestly say I have not found a service that does not work, with the exception of a couple of sites where the IP I had been allocated had been locked out due to fradulant usage by another user but have resolved those two exceptions with the website host that did the IP Blocking.

That being said, they do have some really horrific router devices which are known to cause all sorts of other issues in and of themselves but that is a hardware issue rather than intentionally limiting access to what are standard internet uses.

Being that Boost Mobile only deal with mobile services if you wanted to use your mobile data to make a call there should be no reason that shouldn't work, but if you wanted to confirm that there is no restrictions placed on the legal use of the service then you would need to contact Boost Support either by Phone on 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au

---

Thank you for your replay,

We as well have been using Telstra mobile broadband services with Microsoft Paid Skype accounts and other VoIP phone accounts for over 5 years with no any problems.

But ( now currently on its 4G Mobile Broadband devices such as WI-FI 4GX Advanced 3 Netgear AirCard for example ) Telstra is limiting us the mobile broadband clients not to use Skype ( paid phone) and other VoIP service providers. Therefore, now we are very careful about dealing with Telstra and its partners because of this Telstra VoIP limitations on us, as a clients of Telstra services.

That is all, we just want know and to be be sure that with Boost will be no problems with this kind of Telstra limitation on the use of internet services.

We been advised from Telecommunication ombudsman to make enquiry for any future dealings with Telstra,

Andy

View solution in original post