Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Only Plan

Data Only Plan

Rookie (LVL:4)

Data Only Plan

Hi,

Is there any intention to offer 'Data Only' plans in the near future? I would love to use Boost Mobile on my Tablet, but at the moment it's cheaper for me to use Kogan Mobile's data only plan.

13 REPLIES 13
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Data Only Plan

@swhitmore wrote:

Hi,

Is there any intention to offer 'Data Only' plans in the near future? I would love to use Boost Mobile on my Tablet, but at the moment it's cheaper for me to use Kogan Mobile's data only plan.

+1 - sensible data plan ie 1Gb for $10 / mth style of thing......

Hopefully it would be cheaper than that. Kogan was $10 for 2GB.

Boost Mobile Team

What a great idea, and please keep them coming. Smiley Happy At Boost we are always looking at enhancing our UNLTD(R) offers and we will be looking to the Boost Community to help shape what these look like, so these suggestions will very much be taken on board.  Keep your eyes peeled here for further updates!

Now that ispONE is getting the boot, I seriously wish Boost had a data only plan. I would just ship right now if they did.

I would like to add my request for a data only plan also. Would like to replace my Optus plan for a bit better coverage hopefully.

Community Founder

@Tina wrote:

What a great idea, and please keep them coming. Smiley Happy At Boost we are always looking at enhancing our UNLTD(R) offers and we will be looking to the Boost Community to help shape what these look like, so these suggestions will very much be taken on board.  Keep your eyes peeled here for further updates!

True.. I know that we cater and we focus with mobile phones not broadband. However tablets are still considered mobile. So hoping that we can use the Boost Sim card for our tablets that doesn't need UNLTD. Just plain data at a REASONABLE price..

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Amateur (LVL:2)

I teach computers and have many clients that I have setup mobile internet for devices that are not a phone. Many needed the coverage that a Telstra Network provides. Tel$tra is too expensive. Many clients are not large user. Some are people with low income.

In the past I have used Kogan and they went out of business. I then turned to Aldi to fit their requirements. I just got the news that they are changing their plans. When I say changing thier plans they are actually axing all current plans including the low usage/ low fee data plans (bolt-ons as they call them). They are replacing all existing data plans and having one, too much data and too much cost for many of my clients.

Boost you could see this as an opportuity to fill a void in the market and have a low usage/ low cost data only plan and pick up many customers. The data and cost of what my clients are using is 2GB @ $15 p/month. I wish you would as many clients are not very experienced, they do not like change and their budgets do not need any more stress. Some may quit internet usage when really they have many years in front of them that being online could be essential part of their lives.

Please give me a reasonable data only plan. Swapping out SIM's to get value out of a phone + data plan is out of the question.

Still no developments on this front?

I would think there would be a worthwhile size market for a "data only  SIM plan" at an affordable price. Many rural properties are too far from a telephone exchange to get ADSL through the copper, so could use a 5 - 10 Gig size plan for their main service. Others may just want a smaller data pack for their tablets or laptops etc. We also have tractors with autosteer systems that stream GPS correction data via the wireless networks, each vehicle needs it's own SIM.

Anyone else interested in this type of plan?    

Community Founder

@evilRoy wrote:

Still no developments on this front?

I would think there would be a worthwhile size market for a "data only  SIM plan" at an affordable price. Many rural properties are too far from a telephone exchange to get ADSL through the copper, so could use a 5 - 10 Gig size plan for their main service. Others may just want a smaller data pack for their tablets or laptops etc. We also have tractors with autosteer systems that stream GPS correction data via the wireless networks, each vehicle needs it's own SIM.

Anyone else interested in this type of plan?    

actually we all are....

No news about it.. but hoping there would be..

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-