cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check balance in router

Check balance in router

Rookie (LVL:3)

Check balance in router

Hi all. I have a boost sim in my mobile and can check the balance and recharge etc via the app or via #111#
I’ve just bought a second $30 prepaid sim with a different phone number for a wireless router modem and wonder how I go about recharging or checking balance etc? My iphone app and #111# only see the sim in my phone? I guess I could physically take sim out of router and put into my phone and check balance or recharge that way but that seems pretty agricultural. I called support and had trouble communicating with the off shore team member but basically got that suggestion.
Anyone have anything to suggest?
4 REPLIES 4
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Check balance in router

Pretty much no, because it is designed to be used in a mobile not really designed with mobile broadband or tablets in mind there really isn't any self-service method that doesn't involve swapping the sim to another device that I am aware of. That being said you could try going to http://care.boost.com.au/ while connected to the modem and see if it recognises you as being on the network but that would be about as close as you could get to options.

---

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like it’s just going to be a matter of swapping sim into my mobile to recharge or check balance. I’ll give your other suggestion a try but like you, I’m doubtful it will help. Thanks again.
wiz

I find this absolutely incredible, that people on this forum have been asking for an online tool to check their balance, since 2014! And still nothing. And now it's even more important with 6 Month and 1 Year expiry plans. My router is 3m up a pole. Not so easy to just 'remove the SIM' and put it in a phone! And it even has a DECT handset to use as a telephone through the SIM too. But the code doesn't work as there is no mobile phone screen or OS to process the reply from the automated system.

They told me the only way to check the balance is to telephone them, give them all my private details (to some Indian call centre that are going to sell my details for cash) and ask them over the phone. That's not very convienient, being on hold for 15-20 mins each time. Geesh, even ALDI have a web based  'dashboard' you an check balance with on a Telstra service. But Telstra themselves can't do it?  We need to mass complain to Telecommuniation Ombudsman!

wiz

The suggestion of going to the boost website page using a laptop connected hrough the router actually worked!  Why the F doesn't the SUPERVISOR of the help call centre know about this?