Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing over from Optus to boost easily

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

I am ending a contrac with Optus in 7 weeks. What do I do to ensure a smooth transition without paying both providers at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Changing over from Optus to boost easily

That is very helpful. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

If you want to keep the same number it is a very simple process.

Grab yourself a Boost starter pack anytime before you are ready to move over.

Then when you are ready to move over come back to the Boost Mobile website and go to the 'Activate Your SIM' option at the top.

Once on the activation page, select the "Bring My Phone Number" option and then go through the prompts, during this it will

grab your starter pack's serial number, your phone number, your account number with Optus (which is provided to Optus to validate that

you wish to change providers), your general details and it will go through and start the porting process...

So what Porting is, is that in Australia there can only be one instance of each mobile service, so for Boost to take the service they tell Optus they are going to take it and Optus then have to cancel it. The process means you don't have to contact optus you just activate the new boost service and boost then take care of the rest for you. The process usually would occur within 24 hours, however can be quicker (sometimes within an hour) or in some rarer cases take longer (usually if their is an issue with the losing carrier - in this case Optus - for example in validating your details)  

What to expect is that Optus will change you up until the port is compelted and Boost will not start until the same time, so you will only have one activated at any time and as such only be charge for one at and time. 

---
Highlighted

That is very helpful. Thank you.

View solution in original post