Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Telstra prepaid

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:3)

I have a Negear 4G modem for my prepaid Telstra broadband internet.

Last year we were going O/S so I wanted to unlock it.  As I have had it for quite a few years I was able to get the unlock code for free.  Unfortunately it didn't go as planned when we were O/S but now we are back in Aus I want to buy a BOOST SIM and purchase the $150 80GB data offering.  Do I just buy the SIM and tell BOOST the mobile number of the Netgear modem to be able to change over?  Then I can use the unlock code when I get the BOOST SIM?  Really not very savvy on this stuff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Changing from Telstra prepaid

If you want it to have the same number, you would call Boost who will help you change the number from Telstra to Boost.

If you aren’t fussed with the number, you can just buy a boost sim pack, and put the SIM card into the slot of the modem once activated.
---
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

If you want it to have the same number, you would call Boost who will help you change the number from Telstra to Boost.

If you aren’t fussed with the number, you can just buy a boost sim pack, and put the SIM card into the slot of the modem once activated.
---

Is it that easy?  Thanks so much I will give Boost a call now.  Thanks again.

Is it that easy?  Thanks so much I will give Boost a call tomorrow.  Thanks again.