Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a Telstra Prepaid Mobile locked to Telstra network with a Boost SIM card

Can I use a Telstra Prepaid Mobile locked to Telstra network with a Boost SIM card

Highlighted
Spectator

Can I use a Telstra Prepaid Mobile (Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus) locked to Telstra network with a Boost SIM card?  They obviously both use the Telstra network 850Mhz.   However, I am not sure what it means to have a mobile locked to a specific carrier.  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Community Founder

Re: Can I use a Telstra Prepaid Mobile locked to Telstra network with a Boost SIM card

Yes. The only Telstra locked phones that have any issues with Boost sim card was the earlier model iPhones. Other locked Telstra phone models work fine.

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Community Founder

Re: Can I use a Telstra Prepaid Mobile locked to Telstra network with a Boost SIM card

@sheep wrote:

Can I use a Telstra Prepaid Mobile (Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus) locked to Telstra network with a Boost SIM card?  They obviously both use the Telstra network 850Mhz.   However, I am not sure what it means to have a mobile locked to a specific carrier.  Thanks!

Absolutely!. The only phones locked to Telstra that needs to be unlocked are iphone 5 and earlier versions.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi, I went to a Telstra Shop yesterday to buy a 4G Prepaid phone.  They said a Boost Sim would only work on it if I had it unlocked for a fee.  Have they got it wrong, or something changed since your last reply?

Community Founder

As long as the model wasn't an iphone, it will work. Store staff will unlikely be willing to confirm that, though.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (Telstra locked) currently with a Boost sim.

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Spectator

Are you still using a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (Telstra locked) currently with a Boost sim.

Champion (LVL:1)

my other half is using my Telstra buzz and it is locked and works perfectly.
---
Spectator

Thanks for valuable information.
Boost phones keep failing.
Chris