I was going to port my Kogan number to Aldi but, like others i'm having my port request rejected.Will boost be able to port my number to thier service without any problems or delays ?
* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.
Here's HOW I did to MOVE from Kogan To Boost via the internet
1. Got a Boost SIM Starter Pack (whichever type you want really)
2. Prepared the following info --- (Wrote them in Windows Notepad)
Full Name: <----- Make SURE this is the OWNER of the Kogan Mobile Number
Date Of Birth:
ValidID and ID: <----- i.e. Your Driver's License
Alternate/Best Contact: <--- i.e. Your Landline IF any
Boost SIM Card Number:
Kogan Mobile Number:
Kogan Accounr Number: <--- Not necessary
2. Connected to Boost LiveChat within Boost Help page via the internet
I was ask to enter FirstName LastName Email and Reason For Chat.
Then clicked on Submit.
Now... IF there's a queue, Boost will show how far are you.
Just be PATIENT and you will start to chat with a Boost consultant.
3. When connected to the Boost consultant, reiterated my intent to port
my Kogan Mobile Number to a NEW Boost SIM card.
Copied and pasted the INFO (mentioned in #1) into the Boost LiveChat
4. I've been advised to wait for a few minutes.
5. Then the cool Boost Consultant set expectations on WHAT time frame
the Porting will be completed.
As simple as that.
Took me and the cool Boost dude 20mins to initiate the Porting process
for four (4x) Kogan Mobile Numbers.
Within 4hrs, two of my Kogan Mobile numbers were ported completely.
The other two - still waiting to be completed.
I ported two numbers from Kogan to Boost yesterday, the whole process took less than a hour - that included the time on Live Chat with the Boost support person. Overall, I am very impressed - it was a seamless process given I was expecting delays due to the Kogan situation causing a rise in porting numbers.