Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have an account with 17 sims?

Intersection
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi,

We need to purchase 17 sims to supply internet to multiple devices at 10 research field sites we are setting up around Australia. I noticed during checkout for a single sim that Boost asks if I have more than 5 sims but I can't find additional details on what the actual limits are to a single Boost account having multiple sims.

Can some one let me know if in fact there would be a problem with me activating 17 sims under the same account? If this isn't allowed under regular accounts is there some sort of account I could get that would permit this or is this not something I can do with Boost service?

Thanks

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Can I have an account with 17 sims?

Boost doesn't have "accounts" for multiple sim cards. Each sim will be treated separately for billing etc.

And the 5 sim card limit is legislation across all Australian mobile networks (it is not just a Boost limit). You can have more than 5, but may need to provide further identification.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Intersection

That's helpful Thanks!

philmelb

Thanks for that info. Just to clarify, if we had around 20 SIMs each one would need to be set up individually, which is fine, but could they all be on the same company Visa card?