Did you mean: 

Can I choose my number

Can I choose my number

SOLVED
Highlighted
Amateur (LVL:1)

Can I choose my number

Hi guys,

I am considering changing to boost mobile and was wondering if I started a new service, would I be able to choose my mobile number?

Alternatively would I have a few numbers I could choose from?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Can I choose my number

If you have an existing number with another provider, you can ask Boost to port over that number (so you keep the old number on Boost).

If you don't have another number you want to keep, simply walk into a local Coles/DickSmith/JB Hifi/Harvey Norman and check out their pile of Boost sim cards. The number assigned to each sim is on the back of the sim pack.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Founder

If you have an existing number with another provider, you can ask Boost to port over that number (so you keep the old number on Boost).

If you don't have another number you want to keep, simply walk into a local Coles/DickSmith/JB Hifi/Harvey Norman and check out their pile of Boost sim cards. The number assigned to each sim is on the back of the sim pack.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Founder

@sammurphy wrote:

Hi guys,

I am considering changing to boost mobile and was wondering if I started a new service, would I be able to choose my mobile number?

Alternatively would I have a few numbers I could choose from?

Thanks

If your keeping your old/existing number of course that is possible with Boost, as long as that number is ACTIVE and it is under your name. You just need a starter kit. however, if you are coming from Telstra, you need to request for a blank sim card.

If you just would like to change the number for something that you prefer, that will not be possible, but they can change it to a random number.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Highlighted
Spectator

Hi,  

What i do is buy a $2 prepaid sim from Amaysim who allow you to chose your own number, like my kids names or their dob so it is easy for them to remember and then port the number to boost.  I have done it with my 6 mobile services and never had a problem either end.   Cheers  

Highlighted
Spectator

Can anyone help me ?     live chat is full and won't let me in .       I have just changed my mobile number over to Boost  , well at least i thought i did anyway my phone still only accepts my number on my old service  . can anyone check to see what number the Boost operator put in ?

Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

By only just how long ago was that Wayne?

Depending on how long it takes the old carrier to process the request it can take a up to a business day for them to process the number release request for the activation to go through.

The last time I changed the carrier I left started processing it (I got a "we have your request" SMS) 9am the next morning and it was processed about 7pm (I got a "we have now completed your request" SMS) and it was completed within about 5 min of that. But it depends on the old carrier letting the number go.
---