Did you mean: 

CAN I BE CHARGED MONTHLY WITH A DIRECT DEBIT FROM MY ACCOUNT

Rookie (LVL:3)

12 REPLIES 12
Community Founder

Re: CAN I BE CHARGED MONTHLY WITH A DIRECT DEBIT FROM MY ACCOUNT

Auto recharge is still being developed. At the moment you have to do it on the phone or online each month (is very easy and quick though).

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Spectator

I've been looking at Boost, but I have a few phones I'd like to move over.

How long away is an auto recharge service?

I don't want the hassle of having to manually renew the phones all the time. What if I'm on holiday at the time of expiry? Boosts terms state that your balance 'expires on next recharge or expiry date, whichever is earlier'. So if you recharge earlier than on the 30th day you're wasting your money... What a rort!

Does anyone know if Aldi has an auto-top up service?

Community Founder

You can recharge while on holidays, or when you get back (you have up to 6 months). It only stops outgoing calls etc. Incoming works without active credit. Recharges take effect from the actual day of recharge, so you pay nothing if you expire but don't need to make a call anyway. Takes about 30 seconds on the phone to recharge, and you can do via PayPal very quickly.
Auto recharge should be ready soon. But no formal ETA yet.

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Rookie (LVL:4)

@mogul wrote:

So if you recharge earlier than on the 30th day you're wasting your money... What a rort!

Does anyone know if Aldi has an auto-top up service?

So don't recharge early. Simple. It's not a rort.

Aldi does have auto-recharge.

F1

but some what inconvient. Will it be possible in the near future to pay from bank directly & a long btime in advance.?

F

Amateur (LVL:1)

I have just transferred two of our services over, not realising there was no Auto-recharge. Had I realised this I would have looked at a different service.

The last thing I want to have to do is remember to recharge my phones each month, life is busy enough Smiley Happy

Community Founder

Hi Stacey. It's quite simple to check when your credit will expire using #111#. Boost will also send you an SMS reminder a couple of days before your service is due to expire.
Regards,

Lewis

@Lewis, that's all very well if you're the user of the phone, not so great when the Boost services are in your kids' phones! You can't simply do the #111# recharge if you're interstate on the expiry date!

No offence intended here, but surely this lack of a simple online mechanism to pay via the web is pretty weak? Saying it's simple just dial #111# overlooks the many inconveniences this could cause for people when it would be so easy to make it much better.

I suspect the kids will have to forego the superior Telstra coverage and settle for cruddy Optus coverage on Amaysim, since they clearly have addressed the basics like auto-renewal!

Community Founder

To recharge a boost number online, you just need to go to the Boost website and select the "recharge" button. It asks for the phone number, and payment method.