Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Auto Recharge - Just Set it, forget it and get on with your life.

Highlighted
Boost Alumni (Retired)

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, you’ve been asking for this for some time and we’ve listened! I’m proud to announce the launch of Auto Recharge for Boost Mobile. Just Set it, forget it and get on with your life.

From the 29th of May 2014, Auto recharge will be available to register for via #111# and from care.boost.com.au on your Boost Mobile device. The Auto Recharge service is only available to those recharging with the $40 UNLTD® recharge and will see your service recharged on the date of your choosing every month. As part of the Auto Recharge process you’ll avoid having to go without credit (assuming your Auto Recharge is successful each time). 

In order to take advantage of the new Auto Recharge feature you’re going to need to register your credit /debit card details with us first and set up a 4 digit PIN. This is done when you recharge so to ensure you don’t lose any of your credit you’ll have to wait until the end of your most recent recharge period. Instructions on how to register your credit card details can be found here.

How do I register for the Boost Auto Recharge Service?

Organising your Auto Recharge is easy. Just follow these easy steps:

1. Make sure your credit / debit card details are already stored. To do this, dial #111# from your mobile handset or access care.boost.com.au through your browser and select “Recharge” and then “Auto Recharge”. You will need to set up a 4 digit Recharge PIN. You will receive a message if your credit/debit card details are not stored.  If they aren’t stored, you can find out how to here.
  2. Once you’re sure your credit /debit card details are registered, and you have your 4 digit Recharge PIN, check when your next recharge is due to expire by accessing #111# or care.boost.com.au from your mobile and select the option to check your balance.
  3. Sign up for Auto Recharge! Dial #111# from your handset or access care.boost.com.au through your browser
  4. Select “Recharge”
  5. Select “Auto Recharge”
  6. Select the date that your current recharge will run out or the date you want your first Auto Recharge to take place
  7. You will then be asked to enter your 4 digit Recharge PIN (the one you set when storing your credit /debit card  details)
  8. You’ll then receive a confirmation message advising that your Auto Recharge has now been set up.

Who is the Auto Recharge Feature for?

The Boost Auto Recharge service is for all Boost customers recharging with the $40 UNLTD® recharge option only. Customers must register their credit or debit card details to make the Auto Recharge payments. Please note those customers wanting to recharge on either the $10 UNLTD® or $20 UNLTD® plans will not be able to utilise the Auto Recharge service.

Additional Information and Terms and Conditions

For any additional information please refer to the FAQ’s and for full Terms and Conditions please refer here.

73 REPLIES 73
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Boost Auto Recharge - Just Set it, forget it and get on with your life.

Does it auto-recharge before expiry in months with 31 days?
Community Founder

@cyberknutt wrote:
Does it auto-recharge before expiry in months with 31 days?

as mentioned, you have to choose a specific day of the month, it is not based on the number of days.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-

So a recharge can be for 31 days rather than normal 30 days for a manual recharge?
Community Founder

@cyberknutt wrote:
So a recharge can be for 31 days rather than normal 30 days for a manual recharge?

yes it can be.. because it will be set on the day you choose not the umber of days.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Rookie (LVL:4)

Not all smooth sailing with the auto recharge.

Yesterday i renewed my $40 recharge, i was prompted to select a day for the auto recharge so i chose yesterdays date 29th and proceeded with the recharge.

5 hours later i checked my balance and it was still not updated so i joined live chat and was prompted to check in the morning so i did.

As my recharge had not gone through, i rang and was informed that my recharge yesterday (my CC details were already stored) was only a REGISTRATION.

This meant that i had to go and do another recharge this morning.

So what this means now is i have now lost a day off my auto recharge.

Boost Alumni (Retired)

Hi MickE,

I just wanted to clarify your concerns. Is it because you recharge only started today (the 30th) but your automatic recharge is set for the 29th of every month? If that's your concern, take a look at the FAQ's. I've just listed a way for you to change the date of your auto recharge which should alleviate your concerns. 

If I've missed what you're concern is, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Matt

Rookie (LVL:4)

MattD

I think you should make it clearer when someone does a recharge like i did, it will ask if you want to auto recharge.

I selected this option only to find out a day later, that this is ONLY to register for auto recharge and is NOT the recharge you were attempting to do.

So I take it, you would be best not to set up the date on the 31st of a month, as you will lose a day on Months with only 30 days?

And same for 29 with Feburary as well?

Boost Alumni (Retired)

@MickE Happy to pass your feedback onto the product team and appreciate you letting me know. I'll see what they can do.

@Milo It's up to you when you recharge but my recommendation would be to select a date from 1-28 as it'll mean you get a consistent experience each month. If you do choose 31, you'll still be recharged, just a day early. This way you'll never go without an active service.

-Matt