Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be wary of Boost

Be wary of Boost

Highlighted
Spectator

Be wary of Boost

I have used Boost on several occasions without any problems. I always have a Boost sim in the drawer and use it if we go away on holidays to areas where reception is not good. I always get ones with a long expiry date, this one being 3rd Oct 2020. I have had it for about 6-8 months and would have bought it from Coles or Wolworths. This morning I tried to activate it and was told the sim serial was invalid. I spent some time on live chat who told me to go to a Telstra store and exchange it. Wasted time at Telstra store as they don't deal with Boost. Got onto live chat this afternoon who also told me that the sim card was invalid, that the system only keeps numbers for 6 months. After toing and froing I was told to call support, 1258881. I was only able to do this because I had to buy another sim this morning as I need to use my phone. On speaking with support  I was told that the card expired in May and the number has been transferred to Telstra. I told the live chat this morning that I had had a Telstra sim card and account in May, which had expired, but no Boost account. But the number was not the same as this one but it seems strange that this card apparently expired in May and the number was given to Telstra. No matter how many times I said that I had the Boost packet in front of me with an expiry date of 2020 written on it, I kept getting told it was an expired Telstra sim. As I do not still have the store docket (bought with groceries so I didn't think of keeping the docket) the solution I was given was to go to a store and buy another one. When I asked who was going to give me back the $20 I paid for this one, the line went dead. I am writing this here to make others aware. They didn't seem to 'get' that when the expiry date says 3rd Oct 2020, I should be able to activate it up until that time. The number should not have been given to Telstra until after 2020. It's not really worth taking further for the sake of $20, but it certainly sours my impression of Boost and their support, and I will be very careful when buying Boost sims again, if I ever do. Totally unsatisfactory on all accounts.