Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOST 80Gb + 40GB PLAN?

BOOST 80Gb + 40GB PLAN?

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

BOOST 80Gb + 40GB PLAN?

I ported over from Vodafone and I purchased the boost sim and recharged $150 (the website said that when new customers buy a sim they get a bonus 40gb) but this hasn't worked?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: BOOST 80Gb + 40GB PLAN?

Yes, same question. I noticed - but didn't take a lot of notice - of fine print that said it would show up after the recharge. How long after was the thing I didn't notice. I'll give it a day then follow up. 

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Did you purchase a $150 sim outright (pretty sure they are only available online), or did you purchase another sim and then recharge it with the $150 plan? There is a big difference as to whether you will be entitled to the bonus 40G. I almost made the mistake of using a $2 sim and then recharging with $150, only to realise that the bonus 40G is applicable only to a pre-purchased $150 sim, NOT to a prepurchased sim of another value and then recharged with $150. This seems to be a bit of a trap in the fine print, which almost caught me out. The website specifically says the bonus 40G data is applicable only to a new customer, not a recharge, even if you have purchsed another value sim and then added the $150 - this is now deemed a recharge to the original sim and not elegible for the bonus 40G data.

Highlighted

Yea I purchased a $2 SIM and then a $150 plan from Coles. Aside from this, it has been over 24 business hours since I tried activating my SIM card but it hasn't processed through. Is there a way I can get to customer service about this as soon as possible (I've been put on hold for the last hour)?

Highlighted
Spectator

Just did the exact same thing, bought a $2 sim and activated it yesterday.  As a new customer I was planning on getting the 12 month $150 plan with 40GB bonus.  Looks like I may have been duped, however Boost advertised this-  "New customers  grab a sim & get bonus 40GB", maybe a case of misleading advertising?

Still waitng for porting but thi is another issue ... been on hold and gave up.