Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating with intErnational passport

Highlighted
Spectator

Hey,
so I tried to activate my SIM card but when I entered my passport number I get the error massage that the system that checks the passports is currently down.
Is this really a temporary issue or do i have to contact them in order to get me SIM card activated?
Thanks for your help!
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Activating with intErnational passport

Best to call, if you are having issues activating (or use online chat).

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

I have the same problem. I am German and bought today a boost SIM card and tried to activate it, but my german passport is not be approved. I used the online chat, I can't see a phone number, but they couldn't help me, they told me I have to go to a shop where they can activate it, they can't do it online. But here in Cairns is not shop. Woolworth where I bought the card send me to telstra, but they couldn't help me they're not the provider and told me that boost has no shops! So want can I do, I bought this card with $20 and it is not working. At Woolworth I can't bring it back to get a refund.

Thanks for help.

Sabrina

Highlighted

Hi,

I have the same problem. How did you solve the problem?

Thanks

Sabrina

Highlighted
Community Founder

@Sabrina2 wrote:

I have the same problem. How did you solve the problem?

Best to try talking to Boost support on the phone.

Phone : 125 8881, or 1800 026 678.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I tried at first the chat again, as I have only my germany Cellphone and it would cost me a lot of money to call them.

Now they could activate my Card via their system as I'm in Australia for more than 24 hours. This was the reason, they told me, why they couldn't help me at the first time I chatted with them (I was in Australia just for around 15 hours).

Sabrina