Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions before I swap to Boost.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hey guys, 

I am currently with Vaya on the $17 per month deal. I have been happy with it but since my dad signed up with telstra, I have noticed how much better his reception is at our house. I have an iphone 4 and am probably going to buy the
Nexus 5 or whatever it will be called so I am looking at the Tesltra resellers.

I have put it down to Boost or ALDI.
Now I was wondering, is the speed of the next g network noticable? I have been on optus since my first phone so will I feel the speed bump when I use Boost? I think that I would rather 3gb of next g than 5gb of the wholesale speed. 

2nd, I have read that there is no auto recharge with boost right now, is it difficult to recharge over the phone?

3rd, how do I check voicemail? I have never been with Telstra, so i'm not sure how their voicemail works. 

4th, how long will it take to port over my number from Vaya?

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Spectator

Re: A few questions before I swap to Boost.

Mate I have been on boost $40 since day 1 and never had a prob ever I was with boost when it was with Optus to and I tell you never going back to that network good luck u want look back
Highlighted
Community Founder

1. Speeds may be noticeable. Depends on location, device and congestion at the time. Mostly I find it a bit faster where I am, but a LOT faster nearer to town. 2. Easy as to recharge. 30 seconds, and it is done. 3. On Telstra, you dial 101 for message bank. 4. Normally very fast to port over. Mine was done in <15 mins (old sim went dead, swapped sim to Boost and turned on). It is 99% chance it happens in <2 hours, but occasionally can take a couple days especially if the other company are slow to release your number. Most of the variable time is from the releasing end.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

ok awesome 
I'm going to buy a sim in the next few days before the half price deal runs out. 
Thanks!