Did you mean: 

$300 PREPAID SIM NOW $240 - Issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hello,

I am a new customer and I just ported my phone number from a different service provider to Boost. I bought a $2 sim card and then transferred my number and bought the $300 plan expecting it to cost $240.

After speaking to someone on the phone, I was told that I had to buy a sim card online for $240. This was not clear to me and I am a new customer - I thought it would be quicker to just buy a sim card from the shops.

It is not a pleasant experience as a new customer to not be reimbursed the $60 - I do not understand why this cannot be done.

Thanks

240 AUD.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: $300 PREPAID SIM NOW $240 - Issue

New customers should buy it online.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Founder

Oh no.....

In the case of this promotion, it is a $300 sim card pack being sold online through the Boost website for delivery. The sim included in the pack already has the value included, and it is not a sim plus recharge voucher inside. Recharge voucher promotions are seperately on sale occasionally through retailers. It is rare to be on sale as a recharge option directly through the Boost app itself (I have not seen this before, to date).

Not sure what Boost support can do now about it though.

Have you already paid for the recharge? Or just the $2 sim?

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

Yes, my current provider makes you buy a sim and then you buy a voucher (as per plan) and once activated in your account, it lies the plan and credit to your account...
I nearly did the same thing... But luckily I read the plan page here a few times to explain to friends. It says you have to buy this special to get that price..... 😢 ie. Must be new customer and not renewing.... 

Highlighted

New customers should buy it online.

View solution in original post