Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tWO WEEKS FOR AN UNLOCK CODE...UNBELIEVABLE!

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:4)

I have Samsung Galaxy J2 from Boost (Telstra).  Sick of bad Telstra reception where I now work, last week I changed to Optus.  ON April 13 I rang, paid the $25 to get the unlock code, entered it EXACTLY but the phone response said invalid.  I rang back, the "consultant" said she unlocks Samsung J2 frequently with this code so instructed me to enter it again which I did, EXACTLY the same as before and as instructed this time.  Response was again invalid and that I need a subset unlock code.  I rang again and was told to ring Samsung.  Samsung said it was up to Boost/Telstra to provide the subset unlock code.  I rang Boost again, they put me on hold and then said the "Subset unlock code team" was on holidays!!!!!!   I said surely not but was assured that was the case and was given REF INT 1/1119888191923 saying someone would contact me in a few days.  No they did not.  I rang 5 days later and was told the "Subset unlock code team" may be back at work tomorrow but it would take up to one additional week for them to contact Samsung and ring me with the code.   This is so stupid...how does Boost/Telstra stay in business???!!!   The consultant wasn't able to give the remotest hint as to why the code wasn't on their system, even though she said they unlock many Samsung J2 phones. UNBELIEVABLE....  Not the call centre consultants so much but the employees higher up and higher paid who do not equip the call centres with correct info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: tWO WEEKS FOR AN UNLOCK CODE...UNBELIEVABLE!

Finally, Telstra rang through the subset code yesterday, two weeks after I first requested it.  3rd world service ... they should have had it on file the day I rang, being quite a common phone (Samsung J2 issued by Boost).  

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi irongate,

Sorry to hear that you have had troubles unlocking your device. 

This means we will have to investigate further to see what is causing the problem with your unlock code node being accepted.

You will need to get in touch for further support on 1258880. When you contact the Unlocking team, please quote your reference number INT 1-1119888191923. 

If you follow the process and your handset remains locked, the unlocking fee can be credited back to your Pre-Paid Account or refunded

You’ll then need to call the manufacturer of your handset to find the nearest service centre that can help you. The number for Samsung is 1300 362 603.

Let us know how you go. 

Regards - 

Finally, Telstra rang through the subset code yesterday, two weeks after I first requested it.  3rd world service ... they should have had it on file the day I rang, being quite a common phone (Samsung J2 issued by Boost).  

Spectator

Hi, I've been waiting 2 weeks for the unlock code & just got told it may take another week 😡

Do you happen to still have the code?

Beets wrote:

Hi, I've been waiting 2 weeks for the unlock code & just got told it may take another week 😡

Do you happen to still have the code?

Network unlock code was 25191392.  Subset code was 16295279