Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international roam

international roam

TMac
Amateur (LVL:1)

international roam

Hi,

I am moving abroad shortly and was wondering whether Boost are planning to reintroduce the International Roam option. I would like to keep my current number as I use it to receive sms's for log in and authentifications etc.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: international roam

While I don't know about official roaming plans, there may be a way to do it still.

Boost offers VoLTE (and VoWIFI) for handsets with the appropriate firmware settings.

By some reports, the VoWIFI is working while abroad to make and receive calls and SMS as you would while in Australia (without any additional roaming add-on credit even).

Might be an option to get you by, until roaming is officially supported again.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

wellwhatever
Spectator

How do I use my phone overseas?

International roaming is not available on your Boost Mobile service.

However, we are planning to launch a new version of international roaming in 2021.

If you need to keep in contact while overseas, we suggest:

• Connecting to a WiFi Network – if you’re going on a short trip or don’t need to be in regular contact, using WiFi will enable you to use messaging apps to keep in contact (e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Skype or WeChat).
  • Purchasing a local SIM – if you’re going on a longer trip or need to be contactable all the time, consider purchasing a local SIM.
bechtelardelore
Spectator

what if the local sim doesn't work outside the country? what should I do?

jigsaw puzzle