Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking balance on sim not in phone

bungalow
Spectator

I have messaged one of the admins this problem

I have a boost sim in a mini wifi device and use it for data only it's the $300 240 gig data. So in the past I could check my balance on the laptop with no issues. Now it takes me to my Telstra mobile account.

I have tried it with 4 different browsers including IE all with the same result funny thing is I only use one browser for everything and it's strange that they all log into my Telstra account without me inputting user or pass and show all my details.

So the question is how do you check your balance on a sim that is not in a phone or is that impossible now.

The simple task seems very difficult and surely I'm not the the only one with this problem. The boost app on my telstra phone just shows my Telstra details, If I ring the help line it hangs up because I'm on Telstra. Don't you just love technology lol

5 REPLIES 5
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: checking balance on sim not in phone

Have you tried the URL care.boost.com.au?

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

bigal
Rookie (LVL:3)

I have had to create a new account as even resetting the pass it would not let me in for some reason, So I am the OP.

@pvandenh wrote:

Have you tried the URL care.boost.com.au?

Yea about 100 times using 4 different browsers with the same result, It goes straight into my Telstra account. So I have no way of checking the balance and when it runs out I'll change providers as there app won't work on my Telstra phone same result straight into Telstra account.

This worked in the past on my computer but for some reason it will not work now so I give up. I cannot ring them from my Telstra phone as they will hang up.

The Aldi app works fine on my Telstra phone and it works fine on my computer it's just Boost have a terrible system

bigal
Rookie (LVL:3)

Just been told they are updating there software and that is why the website won't show my Boost data, Took over an hour on chat to have them completely stumped and nothing worked to show my data. But they are hoping within a week it will be up and running. Here's hoping

pvandenh
Community Founder

Maybe you are somehow routed through your Telstra connection? The fact that it sees you as a "Telstra" customer for that URL indicates it is not a recognised Boost number you are connecting through.

Just a thought.

EDIT : Was this reply below from you? Seems like the same username/story. If so, sounds like you found the issue to be caused from hotspot to your Telstra mobile. Smiley Happy

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9zvvky19?p=580#r11599

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Ken9
Spectator

You'll have to check your balance using wifi. Using data doesn't work.