Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE cease sale

ZTE cease sale

Highlighted
Community Manager

ZTE cease sale

We’re ceasing sales of Boost-branded ZTE mobiles and mobile broadband devices through our stores and partners. This was not an easy decision and we apologise that this will result in a temporary reduction in device options for our customers.

Last month the U.S. Department of Commerce imposed a denial order that prohibits U.S. companies from selling device components and software to ZTE, and prevents ZTE from supplying devices which incorporate these technologies while the order remains in force – including for our range.

ZTE has submitted an application to the U.S. Department of Commerce to have the denial order suspended. We’re hopeful that ZTE will be able to reach a resolution soon.

I have a ZTE device, should I be worried?

Your device is not affected by our decision to temporarily stop sales and you can continue to use your device as usual to make/receive calls, send text and access the mobile internet.  

If you experience a fault, please call us on 125 8881 and we will assess and repair it under our usual processes.

So my device is ok now, but what if that changes?

Your device is not affected by our decision to temporarily stop sales and you can continue to use your device as usual to make/receive calls, send text and access the mobile internet.  

If something happens to impact the functionality of your device, and you’re still using it, we’ll be in contact.

Do I need to return my Boost-branded ZTE device?

You can continue to use your device as usual to make/receive calls, send texts and access the internet, and can rest assured that we will contact you directly if this changes to step you through your options.

I’m not sure my Boost-branded ZTE device is safe to use anymore.

Your device is not affected by our decision to stop sales which relates to a supply issue and you can continue to use your device as usual to make/receive calls, send text and access the mobile internet.  

If you experience a fault, please call us on 125 8881 and we will assess and repair it under our usual processes.

What happens if I decide to keep using my device?

There is no reason for you to stop using your device. These devices are not affected by our decision to temporarily stop sales which relates to a supply issue and you can continue to use your device as usual to make/receive calls, send text and access the mobile internet.  

Will I get the next Android update?

At this stage, no. When software updates are released they generally address a specific security or network compatibility issue. Rest assured that we will contact you directly if an update of this nature is needed for your device to step you through your options.

What device security impacts will this have?

We take the security of our customers’ devices very seriously and are in regular contact with operating systems providers to understand any emerging security issues. There are no security vulnerabilities we are aware of affecting software running on these devices and you can rest assured that we will contact you if this changes to provide you with options. 

Does the warranty process for ZTE devices still apply?

Yes, if you have a problem with your device and it’s in warranty, the warranty process will apply.

What if my Boost-branded ZTE device is faulty?

If you experience a fault, please call us on 125 8881 and we’ll assess and repair it under our usual processes. If we can’t repair your device, we’ll provide you with a device of the same or better quality, or a refund.

Which devices are impacted by the stop sell?

BOOST SOLA
BOOST LUNA

BOOST ZUME

Do any other telcos sell ZTE devices and are they ceasing sales as well?

This is an issue that many telcos globally will face. We have taken this decision to ensure that the device range we offer customers is broadly available across our store and partner network. 

I’m interested in a device I saw in a catalogue, can I still purchase it?

All Boost-branded ZTE devices are currently unavailable.

What is a denial order?

In this case, a denial order is an order prohibiting U.S companies from doing business with device manufacturer ZTE.

Where do I go if I have more questions?

Please call us on 125 8881.

2 REPLIES
Spectator

Re: ZTE cease sale

I ordered a Boost Sola on the 8/5/18 and you ceased the sale of them as of 10/5/18. I still have not received it yet. Will I be getting this device??? Call centre and online chat have tried to help but have not been able to give me a clear answer.

Champion (LVL:1)

Re: ZTE cease sale

I would expect that given ZTE pretty much aren't able to meet any of their contacts around the world that there might be an issue. If you can't get a clear answer from the support team it might be worth lodging a complaint that way it can be reviewed for you and either a refund issued or a confirmation of the device being on the way (or whatever the case may be). 

Complaint details are here.

---