cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling on Boost

Wifi calling on Boost

Rookie (LVL:3)

Wifi calling on Boost

Hi All. Wondering if anyone can please help? I joined Boost yesterday and after having spoken to Friend's who also use Boost, they have Wifi calling on their iPhone 6 yet for some reason I don't have Wifi calling. Are we supposed to have Wifi calling on Boost or is it only available to certain Customer's? I've spoken to Boost Support and no one can give me a definitive answer on this. I've been through all the troubleshooting and still my iPhone 6 says telstra Mobile Network and not Telstra Wifi calling Network. can anyone advise please? I'm unsure where to go from here seen's I get no answers from Boost Customer Service. Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Wifi calling on Boost

Hi @scottrut

Someone else may be along soon who can help you our more, but my suggestions are to make sure you are following the steps outlined here to enable wifi calling on your device. 

You will also need to make sure your device has the latest software updates!

Good luck,

Luna

Community Moderator

If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution as this will help other members find solutions faster. Has someone been helpful? Give them a Kudos to show your appreciation

Hi all. I’ve got the latest iOS 11.1 and wifi calling is enabled. So I assume no one from boost knows the answer to my question? I’m getting nowhere with boost support and wifi calling is important seems my coverage isn’t the best here.

Hi all. My issue is now sorted. Thanks to Telstra via Twitter they advised me to call boost and ask boost to enable voice over lte on my boost service. Unbelievable that boost couldn’t have told me this 3 days ago. Boost you really need to train your staff better and include this info on your website. Am also surprised no one else in this forum had not come across this problem before. Surely I’m not the only customer on boost who wants to use wifi calling.
Spectator

I’m actually going throug this same issue as we speak. I have the iPhone 6s Plus and work in a hospital and have no service here.
Spectator

Hi mate,
Did you end up getting wifi calling going on your phone. I'm thinking of changing from telstra to boost, but I don't want to lose wifi calling.
Cheers
Tags (1)
Amateur (LVL:1)

I'm a bit late to the party but I can confirm wifi calling on Boost works for at least the iPhone 6 and Pixel 2.

I'm not entirely impressed with wifi calling, I find it drops calls on a regular basis.

Spectator

I haven't tried WiFi Calling yet on my phone as I have good mobile coverage at home (plus I need to upgrade my phone - in process).

Sebastian was having problems holding calls on WiFi Calling. You do need to make sure that you keep "out of coverage" of the basestation while making a call using WiFi Calling, otherwise the phone may switch to the basestation and drop the WiFi call. I have experienced this while demonstrating WiFi calling to a customer (on their phone). This may have been Sebastian's problem.