cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your number one must have app?

Boost Alumni (Retired)

What's your number 1 must have app and why? 

There are so many apps out there now and according to Mashable the average smartphone user in Australia downloads just over 33 apps. 

With the amount of apps out there it's easy to be using one that seems alright but really there's a far superior version out there. You can read app descriptions all day but I believe the real information comes from the users. So tell me and the community what your number one must have app is and why along with any associated costs and I'll collate everyone's information into an organised list for the community to refer to.

I'll kick things off with Pandora. I personally believe this is one of the best music streaming apps I've used. It's free with ads but does have a paid version I believe. It has the standard features of most music streaming apps with the ability to create playlists and an account that can be shared across devices (PC included). 

The best thing about this app is its ability to suggest songs for you to listen to. Originally I was skeptical as I am with a lot of new apps I try but in my personal experience, it has been really accurate so far.

Essentially you create "channels" wherein you input the names of a bands/groups/singers or an albums or single songs you like. As many or as little as you like. The app then looks at the what you've input and uses this to continue to suggest more music for you to listen to (don't ask me how it does it, but it's extremely accurate). This music feeds into your Channel and you have the ability to "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" the different songs which will cause the app to slightly adjust what it suggests. I haven't looked back and have discovered so many new bands that I really love now due to the suggestions.

For those of you who are skeptics, I strongly suggest you give it a go. It's free (you will incur data usage so be careful there) so you really have nothing to lose but a bit of your time. 

16 REPLIES 16
Community Founder

Re: What's your number one must have app?

I personally would love to say the upcoming Boost app, but alas it isn't here to try it yet....

In it's absence, my number 1 used app currently would be "MyUsage". Boost is listed in there under "Other", and it works really well at keeping track of data balance. It essentially is a widget for android, and it looks up the data balance for the sim it is running on. And you can set how often you want to refresh the widget. I have mine on daily.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Rookie (LVL:4)

My favorite app and the first to be downloaded onto any device is Google Chrome, the stock browsers just arent as nice
Professional (LVL:3)

the number one App for me is my Video Downloader. Love movies and enjoy it much, Smiley Happy

Spectator

Definitely the Racing and Sport app for me although the Racing Network and Sky Racing app's are not far behind. 

They have all the information I need for my tips and bets, includign race replays and radio.

Wouldn't be able to do my work on the go without them 

Spectator

I couldn't get by without Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but in terms of actual USEFULNESS I love Smooth Calendar for Android. 

It links in with my Google Calendar, Facebook Calendar and the built in Samsung Calendar, and shows on my homescreen the next 5 entries. It also syncs in with Facebook birthdays, so I never miss a birthday or anniversary or event! 

Sam 

Spectator

Has to be BeyondPod for me, just a really well made app and it has pretty much every podcast I've ever thought of listening to on it.

Spectator

AFL during the season... and MailOnline are ones I frequent a lot.. also love the additions in the A-legue apps including the time line and the associated videos (of the goals).

I quite enjoying using Skype on my phone.

9GAG's App is a must have for me. Smiley Happy