cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your next mobile phone?

Boost Alumni (Retired)

I asked this at the start of the year, asking which phone you thought you'd purchase given the rumoured releases that were coming up. We're fast approaching the middle of the year now and have already seen a number of big handset releases including the Samsung Galaxy S 5, the HTC One M8 and the Sony Xperia Z2.

So, what's next for you? Are you going to stick with your current model into next year or have you already upgraded? If you have, or are about to, which phone did you get and why? 

I'm personally starting to look a little less main stream. I'm an Android user myself and the amount of handsets available if you do a little research is astounding. It's not the cheapest handset but the Oppo N1 is pretty out there and definitely worth a look I'd say. Take a look at it here if you're interested.

8 REPLIES 8
Community Founder

Re: What's your next mobile phone?

Since I am an Android and a Note fan,

I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. and anticipating Iphone 6's 5.5 release

But given your choices. I would like to stick to Samsung Galaxy S5

The Sony xperia Z2 delivers with its astoundign features like its 4k. However Sony tends to limit us with their internal memory which is baerly 16gb.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Boost Alumni (Retired)

Why the Note Nefy? Not to big for you? 

I've actually got the Z1 now which is pretty good IMO. I stream all of my music which helps with the storage and worst case it does have expandable memory.

Community Founder

@MattD wrote:

Why the Note Nefy? Not to big for you? 

I've actually got the Z1 now which is pretty good IMO. I stream all of my music which helps with the storage and worst case it does have expandable memory.

Yup, I do not know MattD but the Note never seemed to be too big for me. I actually find it convenient for my games; Asphalt8, Frontline Commando, Clash of Clans and Jungle Heat and most definitely for watching movies as well.

I also find the Note convenient for editing my pictures and putting captions on it directly. I can also use the pen as direct screenshot and edit it after wards for cropping and scribbling, that is why I love it.

I actually find Sony Smartphones a lot better with Camera compared to any manufacturer (I never take the Lumia 1020 into consideration with these statement). However when Sony has also finally updated their platform to jellyBean the feature "Change to SD Card" on the Applications manager can no longer be seen. So it means that my Apps are direclkt stored to the phone memory in which Sony doesn't give much.

By the way since you have a Z1 can u transfer some of your Apps (games) to your SD card like what you do with Gingerbread before?

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Rookie (LVL:3)

I want to upgrade from iPhone4 to iPhone6. I want to buy an unlocked phone outright.What are the steps. Does Boost send me a new sim card? I must keep my current phone number.

iphone6

Community Founder

Called Boost and tell them what you want to do. They will post out a new blank sim card, especially for it to happen. Make sure you tell them that you need a Nano size for the iPhone 6.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

I'm on my One plus One, absolutely love it.

I am using an IOS phone, it is very draining when I watch my favorite movies, I want to switch to Android then watch movies with PlayTV geh application at https://techbigs.com/pt/playtv-geh.html, anyone has suggestions for a good Android phone are not?