Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY MY BOOST SIM SHOWS BELONG?

Ranger
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi, I activated my Boost sim about two months ago and it still shows Belong at the top corner after porting from Belong. Should it be showing Belong or Boost? I have iPhone 11.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn’t find any similar post. I have seen posts that shows Telstra instead of Boost for some but mine is still showing my previous provider. I believe I am still on Belong MVNO but with Boost's plan as I had very weak signal at Mornington Peninsula beach. Boost claims to have same coverage as Telstra and their coverage map shows solid green in that area though.

7 REPLIES 7
Ranger

Re: WHY MY BOOST SIM SHOWS BELONG?

Looks like there is no one with similar experience? Very unlikely. 

mal_h
Rookie (LVL:4)

I had this issue with ALDIMobile and it was driving me insane.

The fix was to insert a non-Telstra SIM (in my case a Vodafone sim) until mobile carrier changed over, then put the boost sim back in and the carrier should magically update to "Telstra".

Good luck! Let me know if that works for you.

Lumi

Hi, I just moved to Boost from Belong today and have the very same issue! Did you have any luck with yours ? 

mal_h
Rookie (LVL:4)

@Lumi wrote:

Hi, I just moved to Boost from Belong today and have the very same issue! Did you have any luck with yours ? 

Yes. Put in non-Telstra sim (ie a voda or optus) for a few seconds then put the boost sim in and it should just say Telstra.

resetiing network settings etc has zero success.

Lumi

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately it didn't work for me..I put in a Voda Sim, kept on a few minutes and swapped to see but still comes back as Belong Smiley Sad

elsie44
Amateur (LVL:1)

I have the same issue. Belong shows at the top left of my screen. Also when I go into my phone settings it shows the network as Belong.

I tried the work arounds offered but they did not work for me either.

I contacted Boost yesterday and raised the fact that Belong showed on my phone instead of Boost. I was advised that everythig should be sorted in about 4 hours. That has not happened.

I, too, am concerned that I may be still on the restricted Belong coverage and not the more comprehensive Boost coverage.

AlliK
Spectator

I'm having the same issues currently using iPhone 7.  Am with Boost it always said either Telstra or Boost now says Belong wtf is going on ???