Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number you have called is not connected

SOLVED
krat
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi all.   Changed phones recently and all was great. Now, when people phone my number and I don't answer straight away, they receive this message. Everything else works great. How do I get rid of this stupid automated message. After nearly 7 hrs of online help with telstra nothing has changed. What's my next action. Will a phone reset help.

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: The number you have called is not connected

Ah, possibly the delay before call redirection is both too short, and maybe pointing at the wrong number.

Using the phone, call these numbers and watch the screen while calling them....

#002#

(that will disable any current diversions you have).

**61*101**25#

(that will set your call diversion to 101 "Messagebank" after 25 seconds of ringing)

Then reboot the phone, and test it is all working as you need.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pvandenh
Community Founder

So the phone does ring, and it is only having an issue when it goes to Messagebank?

If so, try dialling 101 from the phone, to see if your Messagebank is setup and working.

If it isn't, ask Boost support to re-enable voicemail for your service.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

krat

Good morning pvandenh,

Thank you for the quick response. In answer to your question, the phone does ring for a short time but does not get the chance to go to message bank . I have checked the set up and it is all ok. The call is terminated after a few rings and then the stupid "the number you have called ......" message is heard by the caller.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Kev

pvandenh
Community Founder

Ah, possibly the delay before call redirection is both too short, and maybe pointing at the wrong number.

Using the phone, call these numbers and watch the screen while calling them....

#002#

(that will disable any current diversions you have).

**61*101**25#

(that will set your call diversion to 101 "Messagebank" after 25 seconds of ringing)

Then reboot the phone, and test it is all working as you need.

View solution in original post

krat

pvandenh you are an absolute champion.

I am now able to receive calls, and, if unanswered, I now get the text advice. My phone is now working as it should.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my issue. Your help is very much appreciated. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Have a great day. ( If I could, I would buy you a beer)

Thank you again,

Kev.