Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet Suggestions

Tablet Suggestions

Deanna

Tablet Suggestions

Hi Gang

I am looking to purchase a new tablet and was looking for suggestions.  I am not interested in Apple or Windows as I prefer the android operating system.

I mainly use the tablet for gaming, watching movies, checking email and wasting time on FB

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dee 

If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution as this will help other members find solutions faster. Has someone been helpful? Give them a Kudos to show your appreciation
6 REPLIES 6
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Tablet Suggestions

@Deanna wrote:

I am looking to purchase a new tablet and was looking for suggestions.  I am not interested in Apple or Windows as I prefer the android operating system.

Ah..... a person after my own heart (like you can see from my avatar).

I personally luv the Nexus 7. I have the 2012 model which is awesome, but even the 2013 model is going cheap now (and is better).

Google support the product range very well, and mine just got the latest Android 4.4.4 update.

My 2012 I use daily and it has not skipped a beat in over a year. Also is a comfortable size.

PS - Get a Chromecast for the TV if you haven't already. Well worth the $49.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Deanna

pvandenh wrote:

I personally luv the Nexus 7. I have the 2012 model which is awesome, but even the 2013 model is going cheap now (and is better).

Google support the product range very well, and mine just got the latest Android 4.4.4 update.

My 2012 I use daily and it has not skipped a beat in over a year. Also is a comfortable size.

PS - Get a Chromecast for the TV if you haven't already. Well worth the $49.

Do I want the first or second generation?   

Thanks

Dee 

If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution as this will help other members find solutions faster. Has someone been helpful? Give them a Kudos to show your appreciation
pvandenh
Community Founder

2nd generation.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Deanna

@pvandenh wrote:

2nd generation.

Thanks for that. You can get both versions at some places, and 2nd generation doesnt always mean better.

I'll go try one out over the next few days and report back to you.

nefy
Community Founder

@Deanna wrote:

Hi Gang

I mainly use the tablet for gaming, watching movies, checking email and wasting time on FB

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dee 

True that Asus Google Nexus 7 is actually a good choice.

but I can and might also suggest to go with Samsung Galaxy note 10.1

You can compare it all you want.

Here are the possible highlights

Both uses sim card and can access LTE

the nexus is 7" and the latter is 10.1"

Weight is 290g tha latter is 540g

Display: Ips Capacitive 16M, Super Clear LCD 16M

Display 2 1200x1920 (323PPI), 2560x1600 (299PPI)

Both with Steroe Speakers but the latter has Dolby Mobile Sound

No External Mem Slot, but the altter has up to Max 64gb

Internatl Mem 16/32gb with 2GB RAM, the latter has 16/32/64 with 3GB RAM

Camera 5MP 2592x1944 with Autofocus, 8MP 3264x2448 with Autofocus and LED Flash

Video: 1080@30FPS, 1080@60FPS

Secondary: 1.2MP, 2MP with video of 1080@30FPS

OS:Both uses 4.3 Jellybean but Asus now has an upgrade to 4.4.3(kitkat) Note 10.1 is also receiving the upgrade but it depends on its build number as it has not been released to all builds yet

Chipset both Uses Qualcomm Snapdragon Asus (S4Pro), Note (800)

CPU: Both are Quadcore

GPU: Both Uses ADreno Asus (320), Note (330)

TalkTime Asus (9H), Note(10H multimedia)

Battery Asus Li-ION 3950mAh, Note Li-Po 8220mAh

Note of course still has its trademark of the SPEN here

Price I think you will know the answer to that .. Cat LOL

Now its up to you to decide

Source: gsmarena.com

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Deanna

Thanks Nefy!

I was considering the Note 10 because I have the Samsung Note 2 handset.

I am travelling to Canada and the US next month; it would appear both tablets are cheaper over there.  Besides needing an electrical adaptor for charging it here, is there anything else I would need to consider if buying one overseas?

Thanks

Dee