Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some apps not working with mobiLe data

Mitzi44
Rookie (LVL:3)

Cannot use some apps (security cameras) with Boost mobile data. Works fine when I turn wifi on but not  with mobile data. Spoke with security camera support and they said there are no restrictions on using mobile data. My security camera app is set to use mobile data. They said there must be some filtering out of the connection by Boost as otherwise they wouldn't work with my wifi access. It used to work with my old Telstra SIM card. I've tried all the suggestions including changing the APN, turning on and off airplane mode and removing the SIM and putting back in but same happens. Anyone else had the same issues?

3 REPLIES 3
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Some apps not working with mobiLe data

Odd.

Maybe check the APN protocol.

Mine i set as IPv4, but you may have to try all the settings to see if that changes anything.

After making and saving any APN changes, toggle the airplane mode on/off.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Mitzi44
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thanks. Tried your solution but still not working. Times out each time. As soon as I switch on Wifi it connects immediately. So disappointed that one of the most important apps will no longer work using mobile data. And I have sufficient mobile data so that's not the issue. Thanks anyway 

akele
Spectator

I have exactly the same problem and would like to find an answer.