Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls drop out on first attempt then connect on second

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi all

This is a recent problem started occuring about 4 monthds ago.

I have a Samsung A* and S9 and both have boost sims in them.

When calling out I egt the screen you normally get for connecting then it drops immediatley or withing seconfds and I get the 3 bla bla bla noises. I then press call again and nealry 100 % of the timer it connects.

Is this tower/netowrk related. i.e  then netowrk is congested and cannot find a VOLTE or GSM connection so drops out as sometimes it does cvonnect straight away but more often only on the second try. Whats is odd it happens at hone wher eI have a 20mbps connection..........go figure that one? I mean it may have superior wirless conectivity in your home but  once it hits the network who knows if it will connect or not.

I am sick of trying to get through to boost's non existent CARE and wondered if anyone here may have been having the same behaviour. My friend owns an S5 And his is doing ity also.

The signal strenght in my area is about -70 dB so not great, but not terrible.

I have been very much near masts and had it happen so I am not convinced its reception.

Any feedback from the masses would be apprected.

My mobile phone is on auto setting 4g/LTE/3g etc the usual setting for a modern mobile phone with wifi calling enabled. I jave turned off wifi calling and it made no difference.

Cheers all

Mark

P/S. Boost your CARE is terrible and a complete non starter. Try a bit harder for your loyal customers please.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Phone calls drop out on first attempt then connect on second

I cannot be the only person in Australia this is happening to!

If Boost would pick up their phones it would help

Anyone else  successfully got through to techincal support? If so how did you do it?

Highlighted
Spectator

I have been having the same issue for months now - tried contacting boost more than 6 times about the issue and have given up - going elsewhere now

Highlighted
Spectator

I have a Sony Xperia and am experiencing the same issues.  I have to call the same number as many as 5 times just to get a connection.  Terribily frustrating and am looking to another cariier if I can't get it resolved.

Highlighted
Spectator

That one has been hitting me too. This morning my service is out completely as autorecharge has failed and manual recharge won't go through.

Awesome!!!

Highlighted
Spectator

Hi mate,

Same here. iPhone XR running iOS 13.7.

I have had this problem once before and I think the solution involved turning VOLTE settings off. However they are still off as a result of that - maybe 18 months ago - and it's happening again.

I've just tried the same number six times, drops out each time. Many of the drop outs it doesn't even get to the point of registering on the recently dialed numbers list. Happens with WiFi calling turned on or off. 

Plenty of others in my area experiencing issues on the Telstra network so it's not just me. There's something funky going on with carrier settings or hardware updates that have caused it because it just started all of a sudden about six - eight weeks ago. 

Sometimes calls go through on the second attempt, sometimes it takes many more. Rarely if ever do they go through on the first attempt. 

Anyone who's found a solution please post here...

Cheers

Dave