Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility - not quite.

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:4)

According to Boost chat today ONLY phones bought through Boost are fully compatible.

I recently ported to Boost from Telstra.

My phone, a Nokia 6, TA 1033, worked fine on Telstra network.

The IMEI compatibility test Boost suggested I do said my phone was compatible.

All of the phones features seem to work EXCEPT I cannot receive any short SMS messages, like verification codes, from anyone, Boost themselves, banks etc.

I thought it may be a faulty SIM.

Boost says buy a new phone, from them. Choice of 4.

It seems there is no way a potential Boost customer can check their phone for full compatibility.

Yesterday Boost said visit a Telstra shop to trouble shoot. I went there this morning - they did not want to help at all. When I pushed them and showed emails generated via Boost contact signed The Telstra Team they got on their computer and said ... no, can't help you. Not even a sim test.

not impressed.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phone Compatibility - not quite.

thanks. 

after about 4 or 5 days verification codes started coming through.

It was obviously a problem at the Boost/Telstra end. It took 3 calls and a few chats before that was even hinted at.

I have complained (to complaints) about the advice of 'buy a new phone' plus other things said. Will see.

I dumped Telstra because of their lousy support/sales. I didn't realise that Boost was using the same support team, only went with them because I need good coverage cause of where I live.

Hope this community grows a bit so it can become a knowledge base.

5 REPLIES 5
Champion (LVL:1)

If the phone worked fine on Telstra there is no reason it shouldn’t work fine on Boost. They use the same network and carrier settings so should be fine.

Have you tried any troubleshooting? Restarting the phone? Refreshing network connection? Checking for updates... anything like that.
---

thanks. I agree with you.

done all I can at my end, including a factory reset!

spoke to Boost support again this morning - they have told me to go to a Telstra Shop again where they can test the sim by sending verification codes to it - they refused to help last visit but I will try again.

ps: with Boost this morning they said they couldn't send out verification codes this morning because of a system error - they couldn't tell me how long this system problem had been occuring but the other day when they tried no one said anything about a system error.

Most Telstra stores are licensed partners and I know a lot of people who have worked in them who only get shifts if they get sales so it means the staff are given the encouragement to focus on getting sales.

If you can find a Telstra Owned Store (often in metro area in major shopping areas), the staff in these store are typically hugely more helpful, otherwise smaller Telstra Dealers or even JB HI-FI stores in my experience are more helpful and have a greater focus on the service level side of it.
---

thanks. 

after about 4 or 5 days verification codes started coming through.

It was obviously a problem at the Boost/Telstra end. It took 3 calls and a few chats before that was even hinted at.

I have complained (to complaints) about the advice of 'buy a new phone' plus other things said. Will see.

I dumped Telstra because of their lousy support/sales. I didn't realise that Boost was using the same support team, only went with them because I need good coverage cause of where I live.

Hope this community grows a bit so it can become a knowledge base.

Yes, that would be helpful. Very Helpful.

---