Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment from a bank account ?

SOLVED
oygle
Professional (LVL:1)

We currently have our Boost auto recharges setup to pay by debit card. Can this be changed to pay from a bank account ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oygle

Re: Payment from a bank account ?

Discussed this with Live Chat today.

Yes, you can pay from a bank account by BPAY, .. BUT there is no auto recharge using that method.

Therefore, if you currently have auto recharge setup from a credit card, for example, on the 10th of the month, and switch over to BPay method of payment, the new expiry date will not be the 10th of the month.

It will most likely be the 9th of the month.

The only way to ensure that recharge is done on a specific day of the month, is to setup auto recharge.

Using BPay indicates adding another organisation into the payment cycle, and the date of payment will depend on that. For me, BPay will be too messy and a 'hit and miss' with the date of payment to ensure it lines up with the expiry date. The BPay payment may also 'miss' the current expiry date, and I assume then I would have no service.

I'll stay on the current auto recharge.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
oygle

bump

DrQ
Champion (LVL:1)

I cannot find anything that actually says it is a possibility. It is not listed as an option in any of the payment options either. I would expect it is not an option. 

I will see if I can get an answer but it is unlikely to be for a few days (with the weekend and stuff) before they see my question and are able to respond.

If you wanted to check for sure in the interim the support staff on LiveChat would certainly be able to tell you for sure and much quicker.

If you do contact LiveChat and do get an answer before I get one, It would be great if you could come back and share it,  as it might help someone else who has the same enquiry. 

---
oygle

Discussed this with Live Chat today.

Yes, you can pay from a bank account by BPAY, .. BUT there is no auto recharge using that method.

Therefore, if you currently have auto recharge setup from a credit card, for example, on the 10th of the month, and switch over to BPay method of payment, the new expiry date will not be the 10th of the month.

It will most likely be the 9th of the month.

The only way to ensure that recharge is done on a specific day of the month, is to setup auto recharge.

Using BPay indicates adding another organisation into the payment cycle, and the date of payment will depend on that. For me, BPay will be too messy and a 'hit and miss' with the date of payment to ensure it lines up with the expiry date. The BPay payment may also 'miss' the current expiry date, and I assume then I would have no service.

I'll stay on the current auto recharge.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

DrQ
Champion (LVL:1)

It would also mean having to recharge ever 28 days on the new offers rather than 30 days that you get on auto-recharges.

---
shalama

For any New users that may think that BPay might be OK for their particular needs:

As posted already, the normal PrePay cycle is only 28 days (nearly 13 per year); including the BPay option.

Auto Recharge for a given pay date ( say,10th of every month) is payed on a Calender Month basis - 28 to 31 days (exactly 12 per year). Therefor, the idea that a BPay transfer would "... most likely be the 9th of the month" could confuse some new commers to Boost. The pay date would shift every 28 days (depending on length of month).

Also, until the Banking system's 'maximum transfer delay' changes from 3 business days to a same day system, a BPay user would never know when Boost is being payed. And, yes, banks often transfer the same day, but not always!

Regards, Shalama.

oygle

@shalama wrote:
Therefor, the idea that a BPay transfer would "... most likely be the 9th of the month" could confuse some new commers to Boost.

The response from Boost Chat was "For example, your current expiry is on the 10th of Oct, you can recharge on the 10th or 11th and your new expiry will be on 09 Nov.". Given that payment via BPay may involve delays, my appropriate reply was "It will most likely be the 9th of the month.".

shalama

Thanks for that oygle,

I got the intent of your conversation with your decision to stay with Auto Recharge. 

My point was to recap the details of the conversation for any newcomers, who might not understand the system differences.

For instance: 28 days normal prepayment from 10th Oct would, in reality, need to be on 6th Nov - not 9th as used in discussion. Dr Q's 'Auto Recharge reference to 30 days' could also be missleading, as it is a floating calender month of 28 to 31 days, as we know.

Going back in time, even Boost's online Auto Recharge details were not clear; getting clarification questions asked in different ways - me included.

Myself, I would probably change providers if Auto Recharge (on calender montly basis) ever went to a 28 day cycle!

oygle

Yes Shalama, agreed; all good points.  Smiley Happy

I'm assuming that because Telstra is the backend for payments, that any restrictions (like not being able to pay from a bank account on a specific day of the month ) are sourced from Telstra.

Beans3
Spectator

$50