cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas issue, no connection

Rookie (LVL:3)

I am in Hawaii, rang you befire i lwft, as advised i paid the $15 extra, twice actually, so that would have data while here but it doesnt work. Cannot call out, cannot text out, no mobile data. Yes i am aware of rates to send and receive and yes i do have roaming on etc. Tried lots of thungs, just cannotvget it to work, having to rely on free local and hotel wifi which doesnt help when out.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Founder

Re: Overseas issue, no connection

Hi,

A couple thoughts, to help narrow down the potential issue.

* What phone make/model are you using? The US uses different frequencies to Australia for their mobile networks.

* Are you abe to connect to a provider network? You may have to enable "Automatic network selection" and also ensure you do not have any roam ing setting within the phone disabled.

* Are you aware that roaming data will consume $3 per MB (so for $30, you will only have 10MB worth of data)? Calls made/received will also be $3 per minute.

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Overseas issue, no connection

Yes aware of cost, if i cannot connect, which i cant, it wont cost me...!! Yes i have outo networks selwcted. Yes i can see at&t but i get nothing. Tge very reason i sorted with Boost before i left was si i wouldn't have this problem, i did exactly as instructed, your suggestions are greatly appreciated but unfortunately no change.
Thanks anyway.
Oh, samsung S8