Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of credit?!?

Out of credit?!?

Spectator

Out of credit?!?

Hey Guy's.

Yesterday i brought $30 of prepaid credit. 

Today, i made one '3' Minute call and used my data for 15 mins. and now i have no credit and it is asking me to recharge.

Anyone know what i have done or what i can do to get that credit back to use again?

sorry if this doesn't make too much sence, im not very techy.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Out of credit?!?

Hi jayce. 

Is it possible that you had apps updating in the background that have used your recharge data? This would be the only reason I can think of that you would be out of credit that fast as you get Unlimited calls to standard national numbers on the $30 UNLTD+ Recharge pack. 

The best way to check your balance, usage and recharge is on the Boost Mobile App available for iPhone and Android. For all other phones, you can do this online from your phone’s browser or by dialing #111# from your phone.

Otherwise, were you calling a non standard number? as outlined in the fine print "excludes calls and text to international numbers, satellite and premium numbers (eg. 19xx numbers), operator assisted calls (most 12xx numbers), diverted calls, content charges and all use overseas."

If you are still unsure, get in touch with support. You can find the Live Chat link and contact numbers online under "Need to chat"

Regards - 

Spectator

Ive had the same problem, call booster and was pretty much to bad, recharge and there not at fault.
However I never had this problem before and I actually used my mb more in previous month's.
Apparently I used my free weekend Gb from 9pm-11pm on a Friday night ( no YouTube). Where Ive been able to YouTube all weekend on other weekends no issue.
So I tried there apple offer to stream for free and bang data was eaten again. Call booster for help and again was told not their problem contact apple.
Boost is happy to take your money but don't want to help or add might any fault on. Their part. I asked for my usage history last Saturday. Was promised it would be emailed to me within 2hrs and I'm still waiting for it.
Community Manager

Hi Taprilsan97, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have used more data than expected, I realize this is very frustrating.

There are many ways in which your data can be used, if you are not in range of your Wi-fi, you will automatically switch over to the nearest 3G/4G connection and this would use your data. 

You can check your data usage and what apps have been consuming your data in the "Settings" of most modern smartphones.

For iOS:

- Go to Settings > Cellular or Mobile Data. (If you're using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data instead.)

- Scroll down to see a list of apps that can use cellular data. You'll also see the amount of cellular data that each app used in the current period. You can turn cellular data on or off for each app. When cellular data is on, apps use a cellular data connection or Wi-Fi. When cellular data is off, apps use Wi-Fi for data.

For Android:
- Navigate to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Data Usage.
- If you scroll down, you will see the cellular data usage by app. It’s important to note that these charts only show data sent through your cellular data connection and not your Wi-Fi connection.

The best way to check your balance, usage and recharge is on the Boost Mobile App available for iPhone and Android. For all other phones, you can do this online from your phone’s browser or by dialing #111# from your phone.

If you are still unsure, get in touch with support. You can find the Live Chat link and contact numbers online under "Need to chat"

Regards -