Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5g network post card received

SOLVED
brtcmfn
Rookie (LVL:3)

I have had boost for 5+ years and have been happy with the service, today I received a Post card offering a special for a 5G phone, because the network will be upgraded.

Personally I don't care about 5G, and Am content with the speed, etc I am receiving now.

I looked on the website and there is no detail as to when (If the 3G (I thought I had 4G) service will be going away.

I would like to know am I being forced to upgrade or can I use a 4G phone like I have now if it's backwards compatible.

Any info that someone can provide would be great.

TIA  Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brtcmfn

Re: New 5g network post card received

Hi,

No I am in the USA.

Thank you for addressing my questions, and providing the USA link for the community. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pvandenh
Community Founder

There is no announced plans to remove 4G access anytme to the medium term. Only 3G will go, and even that will not happen for a few years time.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

brtcmfn

Thank you for the reply.

How can I confrm that my current phone is 4G enabled?

So basically the push from Boost is being sent to all customers regardless as a marketing push to purchase new phones? Smiley Happy

pvandenh
Community Founder

@brtcmfn wrote:

Thank you for the reply.

How can I confrm that my current phone is 4G enabled?

So basically the push from Boost is being sent to all customers regardless as a marketing push to purchase new phones? Smiley Happy

What is your make and model of phone currently?

Also, you are referring to Boost Mobile Australia, yes?

If you are in the US, their community is at a different website. Head to https://community.boostmobile.com/

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

brtcmfn

Hi,

No I am in the USA.

Thank you for addressing my questions, and providing the USA link for the community. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post