Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music streaming on Boost not free?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hello, this is my first time with boost.
Their website advertises "unlimited music streaming that doesnt use your plan data, as long as its one of these music apps." (i chose pandora)
Well i had settings>mobile data open in one tab.
(Looking at total data used and how much pandora uses)
I also had pandora open listening to a 7min track.
After it was over i looked at my data used and pandora was at 7.76 mb.
My total data used went up as well.
I listened to another song and again, its using my data.
Pandora went up to 14 and my total data went up as well.
Sooo, i ask how is this free music streaming that doesnt use my data when in fact it does?
(i have the 35$ 2gb plan, it says its included with all monthly plans.)
Am i missing something?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Professional (LVL:4)

Re: Music streaming on Boost not free?

Firstly you have come to Boost Australia's community forum whereas it sounds like you actually want Boost USA. So firstly you may want to note http://community.boostmobile.com/ for your future reference.

Secondly, your device will record all mobile data that goes through your phone, that will include data that is both metered (counting against your allowance) and unmetered (not counted) as the metering/data counting against your allowance happens at the carriers server not at your device.

Essentially, say you use 4GB of uncounted music data, and 1GB of counted data your phone will say 5GB but your actual account should only reflect 1GB as Boost's system will split the data into uncounted at their server.

That being said, jump over to their forums or support team if it still doesn't make sense or doesn't look right and they will be able to help you out further.
----------
Helpful Links:
Outage in your area? - Check for outages on the network
Need help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 here
Recharge, Int. Call and Roaming Options - Rates page
----------
I am not a Boost or Telstra Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.

This Community is for Boost Australia, but if you are looking for Boost Mobile USA click here, or for their community here
3 REPLIES

Firstly you have come to Boost Australia's community forum whereas it sounds like you actually want Boost USA. So firstly you may want to note http://community.boostmobile.com/ for your future reference.

Secondly, your device will record all mobile data that goes through your phone, that will include data that is both metered (counting against your allowance) and unmetered (not counted) as the metering/data counting against your allowance happens at the carriers server not at your device.

Essentially, say you use 4GB of uncounted music data, and 1GB of counted data your phone will say 5GB but your actual account should only reflect 1GB as Boost's system will split the data into uncounted at their server.

That being said, jump over to their forums or support team if it still doesn't make sense or doesn't look right and they will be able to help you out further.
----------
Helpful Links:
----------
I am not a Boost or Telstra Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.

This Community is for Boost Australia, but if you are looking for Boost Mobile USA click here, or for their community here
Rookie (LVL:3)

Ahh. I didnt notice the au at the end of the url.
What you said makes sense
Thank you.

It is all good, it is easy to miss - especially with the logo and everything being the same.

Glad to be able to make sense Smiley Happy 

----------
Helpful Links:
----------