cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues with calls

Rookie (LVL:4)

New customer - just switched from Kogan as the deal was slightly better with Boost. Was otherwise happy with Kogan. Now I'm having mutliple issues with phone calls:

- Initially calls were dropping out after 2-3 minutes. Reported to Boost but not sure if that is fixed because:

- Now I have to ring the same number usually 3-4 times before the call will even connect.
- And the call quality is so poor that it's hard to understand each other, so calls are usually ended early out of frustration. 

- Also, I've had plenty of missed calls & am pretty sure my calls are mostly going straight to message bank, which is frustrating too. 

Looking for solutions but would prefer a refund so I can go back to Kogan.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Multiple issues with calls

In addition to the above, since switching to Boost I've had a bunch of spam calls too. Not sure if this is coincidence or not. 

Community Founder

As the services use different network bands, there might be some compability with your phone make/model.

What phone do you have?

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Google Pixel 3

Community Founder

The Pixel 3 should work (it has the correct band compatiblity).

Do you have 4G Calling enabled? I think it is under Network settings area in the Pixel. May require a reboot after enabling.

Worth a shot anyway.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Yes it was enabled. Should it be?

Community Founder

@melnewton wrote:

Yes it was enabled. Should it be?

It should be.

But maybe see what happens if you disabe it for a bit (calls will route over 3G instead)

Spectator

I and my wife both have boost sim for more than a year now, and both have same issues as exactly you described recently.

We both have different phones and sofar tried everything from rebooting, switching 2g, 3g 4g, disabling mobile data, uninstalling apps, factory resetting phones(which dont make sense despite having different phone but might work) but nothing worked and everytime I want to make a phone call I am in stress and anger but can't help it as we are too busy and support take too long to answer. Hope I'll get solution here.