Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you replace a sim you lose your plans

abhinay
Rookie (LVL:3)

I had to replace my sim, as there were some issues. Though i have been a loyal customer for 2 years, I no longer have the $ 150 recharge plan available for use. 

I called up customer service, rather messaged them as you can no longer call them, and they informed me that because they had to replace my sim, it has reset my activation date and I can no longer get the old plans. 

Boost team, if you are reading this, your systems may need a program to differenciate between new activation and replacement sim.

I reached out to customer care and they have just shared their apologies and confirmed that nothing can be done.

So in summary if you want to keep renewing your plan, do replace your sim, no matter what issue you are facing..

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: If you replace a sim you lose your plans

I believe that all the old plans are being discontinued over the coming months (and customers will need to switch to the new plans). It is part of a backend systems change. 

While it is a shame that the switch happened for you now (maybe a bit early than otherwise), it was likely only a matter of time before it was going to happen anyway.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.