Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will i know if my unlocked phone works with boost mobile?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

I am from Canada and be travelling in Australia along coastal road from Sydney to Adelaide.

I have unlocked phone and want to make sure it works fine with Boost Mobile network.

Any idea how to check? Could not find any compatibility section on Boost Mobile site where you can input your phone's IMEI and let you know if phone works with network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How will i know if my unlocked phone works with boost mobile?

Thanks TommyR! I am now discovering if my LG G5 does work on Telstra frequencies.
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi Gomborombo, 

Boost Mobile in Australia runs on Telstra's Mobile network. You can find out what specific frequencies are required here:  https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Network-Roaming/Required-Frequency-or-band-for-phone-to-work-...

As I am not familiar with what network frequencies Canada uses, please make sure your phone can connect to the frequency on Telstra's network and you will have no issues using a Boost Mobile Australia SIM in your unlocked phone. 

If you have trouble you will need to speak to Boost Mobile Australia, you can contact them on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days) or on live chat (24hrs, 7 days)

Regards - 

Thanks TommyR! I am now discovering if my LG G5 does work on Telstra frequencies.