Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM SUPPORT

ESIM SUPPORT

ericzhaow121
Spectator

ESIM SUPPORT

Hi Boost team,

Any idea when Boost can support Esim? I've been using boost for a long time. It's been great. Apple Watch 7 just launched recently. Any idea when boost can support it?

5 REPLIES 5
inedshead
Spectator

Re: ESIM SUPPORT

Going to stick with this thread in posing the same question, for an Android based Samsung Watch 4 but same deal... this is my 3rd year running with Boost and I recharged a month ago... but with my new watch, I'm considering any/all alternatives.

I saw a Telstra banner pop up when denying connection to a mobile service from my watch, so the Telstra backend is there to support it. I'd happily pay another annual/monthly cost... within reason... for this functionality.

kallistaridg
Rookie (LVL:3)

It is starting to creat major compatability issues with Apple products such as new iPhones and apple watch functinallity. Some new phones must have esim and to connect with apple watch when the phone is NOT nearby the SOS service does not work at all actually placing lives at risk. 

Why bother with Boost if it is so far behind the times. After all, it is becomming an old dog that cannot run anymore and cannot negotiate with Telstra to provide basic and now more common services. 

pvandenh
Community Founder

There is 2 parts to the Smartwatch/eSim scenerio.

You need eSim support, and also "One Number" support (if you want the watch and phone act as the same number).

While eSim is starting to become a bit more commonly offered, the "One Number" support is a bit more limited to certain plans on the major telco's (often as a extra cost).

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Alex2
Spectator

Is there any indication when Apple Watch will be supported?

ThomasT
Spectator

My iphone 11, can I convert my currently Boost number to eSIM now?