cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOSt have lost my number

Spectator

Hi all, my wife and I have been with BOOST for a couple of years on a $30 prepaid plan. Last week I contacted BOOST re plans and was told based on the small amount of data usage we should consider the $150 pre paid plan. So we did and also prepaid 2x150 plans. My phone continued to be usable for a few hours and then stopped working and I was unable to use data or make calls. Cutting to the chase BOOST have admitted that they accidentally disconnected my number. My business number that I use both within Australia and internationally. In this time we have had a death in the family and a wedding so a fair need to be contactable and be able to contact others.  We are just on one week into this saga and I still do not have it back. Numerous calls , chats and promises, promises that simply are not  kept. Be very careful when changing plans as this whole process has been a disaster for our family. 

3 REPLIES 3
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: BOOSt have lost my number

Apparently 02 9299 9655 will get you through to head office, if you ask for a team leader they might be able to get you some extra help to get it sorted.

---
Rookie (LVL:4)

So many problems for Boost... This is because Boost is a cut down service... I believe in letting the Ombudsman of Communications sort it out if you are unable to get Boost to comply.

My advice... The number is not owned by Boost or you... Go to the Ombudsman to get them legally to retrieve the number...
Champion (LVL:1)

The TIO is typically only able to assist IF you have lodged an offical complaint directly with the provider and have been unable to have it resolved. Going to the TIO first just overloads the TIO with them having to then bounce people back to the telco and wait for them to try resolve it directly first. 

They are amazingly helpful, but, it actually asks you to confirm you have lodged an official complaint directly first before it lets you submit online and they do the same by phone. 

---