Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music & Boost

Apple Music & Boost

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Apple Music & Boost

New customer to Boost here. I tried to take advantage of the Apple Music streaming offer but have, thus far, found the process really frustrating.

I downloaded the app for Android, signed into my Apple Music account then tried to take advantage of the 3 month free premium deal for Apple Music. The app repeatedly crashed and I couldn't finish the process. At this stage, I'm discouraged to try again.

Boost should offer a similar streaming facility for Android users (Google Play music or Spotify).
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Apple Music & Boost

Are you sure you have the correct "Boost"?

This community is for Boost Mobile Australia. The only Apple Music promo I can find for Boost Mobile Australia is the data-free streaming of Apple msuic (not free Apple Music account).

I can see a promo running for Boost Malaysia with Apple Music free for 3 months though....

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

One can take advantage of the 3 months free subscription to Apple Music (after which it is 11.99/month).

Boost Mobile AU offers data free streaming of Apple Music (ie. it won't use any of your Boost data allocation).

However the Apple Music Android app is useless. Can't stream anything, app crashes. Therefore, I'm saying that Boost should have an offering for those customers who do not have an Apple device and don't use Apple Music to stream their music.
Highlighted
Community Founder

Ah I see now. Was a Apple sign up trial promo (not via Boost).

I think the deal with Apple Music and Boost is a carry over from the same Telstra offering. Possibly some partnership or exclusivility.

Looks like the competitior network provider offers the exact opposite (Google Play, Spotify, etc, but not Apple Music).

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

I guess this needs to form a part of the decision making process when considering the provider/s. While the Apple Music offer wasn't my primary consideration, it would have been nice to make use of it.