Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 seconds ring time + stop voicemail

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

are we able to set the ring time to 60 seconds using this:

also, how do we stop the message bank service + stop sending voice message as text?

You can set your phone to ring for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 60 seconds before it goes to MessageBank.

To set the ring time, on your keypad dial **61*101** followed by the number of seconds, followed by # and press 'call'.
For example, if you want your phone to ring for 30 seconds before going to MessageBank, dial **61*101**30#

To turn off MessageBank, dial #002# from your mobile and press 'call'.
Your unanswered calls will no longer go to your voicemail, and callers will be asked to leave a 10 second message which will be sent as a text.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: 60 seconds ring time + stop voicemail

With a diversion in place (to voicemail or text or another number), the maximum is 30 seconds.

60 seconds can be set as a "ring out" scenerio.

To enable that "ring out" scenerio, you must disable both MessageBankl and Message2Txt via Boost support. Best to reach out to them if you want that.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

yes, that's what i did too. i asked the boost online support to disable those 2 services (messagebank + message2text). but even then, that person said max is still 30 seconds.

i might ask another person another time, or i try using the keypad dial **61*101** method. because somehow 1 of my other boost numbers has a ring time of approx. 55 seconds, then it will go to a long beep tone. i think i dial **61* on that number to extend the ringtime before.

Highlighted
Community Founder

If you dial in the MMI code you mention above, you will be setting the phone to divert back to voicemail after 30 seconds. You don't want that.

If the support person has already disabled both diversion options on the system side, then it should be all set.

If it is not ring past 30 seconds currently, try to dial #002# (that will disable any diversion you might have on already by accident). Then reboot the phone. Then try dialling the phone from another phone, to see how long it ring for.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/