Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GX - POSSIBLE TO MAKE & RECEIVE CALLS USING A BOOST SIM?

Amateur (LVL:1)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to acertain once and for all whether one can actually make and recieve phone calls using a Boost sim on the 4GX network? I have asked via live chat, but like many support people, I don't think they fully understand the important differences between 4G and telstra's 4GX network.

To my knowledge, only a Telstra sim can make and recieve calls on 4GX. Despite this, some people claim it can be done using Boost but I'm sceptical. Can anyone who really is in the know please tell me if I can use Boost for calls on 4GX? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: 4GX - POSSIBLE TO MAKE & RECEIVE CALLS USING A BOOST SIM?

Hi,

This community forum is only manned by fellow Boost customers.

4GX is the term used for Telstra's 700mhz 4G band (band 28). I personally do not have that band capable on my phone, so I cannot directly confirm it is working as you suggest.

But I note that Boost make this statement on their coverage page....

Telstra will be switching off 3G in 2024. After switch off you will still be able to access the Telstra Mobile Network provided your handset is 4G voice enabled and 4G 700MHz compatible. Find out more: tel.st/goodbye3G

They also confirm the following statement in the About Us section....

AUSTRALIA’S BIGGEST MOBILE NETWORK

Heading outback or to a secret surf spot? We’ve got you covered on the full Telstra Mobile Network.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/